Esteemed Contributor

Re: So Few Funny or Interesting Things Allowed Here

@mistriTsquirrel  I understand your point.I'm sure that  happens.But I have to say some posters just come across as combative.Last week someone called me stupid & dumb because he/she disagreed with my opinion.It didn't take long before that post was poofed. 

I like many posters enjoy this forum.We are courteous & polite.We shouldn't lose our privilege to communicate & bond because of others who behave badly. 

Perhaps the mods should consider banning the abusers if they fail to behave after a couple of warnings. Something like 3 strikes & you're out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Does anyone else feel like this board has become rather bland?

Image result for bored squirrel

At least we can still discuss grammar and what vegetables we like.  Yay.

No.

But posters ignoring the standards and then coming here with the dreary complaining is rather bland and a bore.

@Juniebugz  If you're trying to say I ignored the standards, I think you're wrong about that.  I didn't post any links, pictures or inappropriate content.  Besides, a good portion of the threads here are just people complaining anyway.  I was just trying to start a thread people would get a chuckle out of.

You started a thread about a nude person simulating a lewd act on a dead sea creature. Told everyone how to find the still image and "action video" lol.

Link or no that's not gonna fly here and you're naive to think it would. (No I didn't report it btw so please don't go there.)

I've never seen a video on the subject and didn't know there was one until someone mentioned it.  All I said was that I had a bizarre experience when I went to Google a restaurant.  I guess it's no secret who clicked on report.  LoL

P.S.--You may want to avoid Googling anything at all, on the off chance that something like that could pop up.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

No.

But posters ignoring the standards and then coming here with the dreary complaining is rather bland and a bore.

@Juniebugz  If you're trying to say I ignored the standards, I think you're wrong about that.  I didn't post any links, pictures or inappropriate content.  Besides, a good portion of the threads here are just people complaining anyway.  I was just trying to start a thread people would get a chuckle out of.

You started a thread about a nude person simulating a lewd act on a dead sea creature. Told everyone how to find the still image and "action video" lol.

Link or no that's not gonna fly here and you're naive to think it would. (No I didn't report it btw so please don't go there.)

I've never seen a video on the subject and didn't know there was one until someone mentioned it.  All I said was that I had a bizarre experience when I went to Google a restaurant.  I guess it's no secret who clicked on report.  LoL

(sigh)  Actually it IS a secret who reported unless they or the mods tell us.  It wasn't I.  I report things, and I don't lie about it when I do.

But your accusatory post and the fact that you don't take blame for a thread that any of us could've predicted "that won't end well" is an example of the juvenile activity other posters reference.  You just proved their point. And you attempted to deflect.

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

No.

P.S.--You may want to avoid Googling anything at all, on the off chance that something like that could pop up.

Ah yes the childish sarcasm you added.

P.S. Again you try to insult and deflect. Your thread didn't offend me. I merely pointed out it was naive of you to think the mods would allow it to stand.

Respected Contributor

It was very inappropriate, for sure @SharkE!  I'm sure it will be different this coming holiday season.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

No.

I saw that thread and I'm sure I wasn't alone in doing the mental countdown before it was removed.    So...  does that mean I reported it?   Well, I didn't.   And my comment doesn't cast a shadow on my veracity.   This is another problem I see happening all the time.   If anyone comments about the possible inappropriateness of a thread, suddenly we're the ones accused of reporting it.   Then come the threads about how horrible posters are if they use the report feature.   Yikes.  These are things that discourage posters and push us away, in my opinion.    You talk about "fun"....   it's not "fun" to walk on eggshells wondering how our posts will be picked apart.   That, in itself, is enough to make things "bland."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Yep - that's why I'm barely here anymore.  The forums needed better moderation, but it's too strict which makes this place a snorefest.

Honored Contributor

sharke wrote:

Amen sista'.

I bet they close the boards this yr. If 'it' trys to come back won't make it

LOL

@SharkE,  I think most of us hope they keep it in mind and do something to prevent it happening again.   The only positive outcome from that horrific display that I can summon up is that it exhibited the reason public forums need to have at least some level of moderation.   Talk about "show and tell..."   Yikes.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Juniebugz  You can characterize things any way you want to.  I just thought somebody would get a laugh from the absurdity of Googling a restaurant and being confronted with a such a ridiculous search result.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

I've been posting for many years but took a break in 2015 when people were typing with boxing gloves on. Pleasantly surprised recently to see the environment was better than when I stepped away. Also surprised so many posts would be pulled. Agree with poster who said it's better to shut down an individual aggressor than pull a post that starts out as interesting. Agree with dooBdoo -- I haven't started a post since I returned.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau