Honored Contributor

Re: So Few Funny or Interesting Things Allowed Here

Sure wasn't boring when a TROLL and I mean a TROLL invaded and laid waste to all forums back in 2016 can't remeber think it was Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

The F bombs flew . The boards had shut down for the holidays and all mods went home for couple of days and the board was wide open and this ol' gal came in and blew the doors off. Stuff coming out of her mouth would have made a sailor on shore leave blush.

She was against religion in all forms and extolling the virtues of the other side of religion. Made you sick to your stomach. She put up pics that made fun of religion, etc. 

I took her on and let her know that I had copied and pasted what she said because some speculated she would delete everything when the boards resumed. I had proof of what went down and emailed QVC offline. She slowed down a little after that because I think it was a young person who didn't think that far down the road what would happen.  Then the idiot took a breathe and came firing back with more disgusting vile trash.

I hope this yr. they shut down the boards and put a stop to that 'stuff'.  I can only pray they have the tech capability to figure out that persons computer's 'code' whatever you call it that can be tracked.

Nope, it wasn't boring last yr. That person was beyond sick !

Esteemed Contributor

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Does anyone else feel like this board has become rather bland?

Image result for bored squirrel

At least we can still discuss grammar and what vegetables we like.  Yay.

No.

But posters ignoring the standards and then coming here with the dreary complaining is rather bland and a bore.

@Juniebugz  If you're trying to say I ignored the standards, I think you're wrong about that.  I didn't post any links, pictures or inappropriate content.  Besides, a good portion of the threads here are just people complaining anyway.  I was just trying to start a thread people would get a chuckle out of.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Hi, @dooBdoo!!!  I feel like it's a real challenge to come up with things to post that are actually interesting, but will also be allowed here.

@Oznell came up with an interesting one about what historical periods/people interest you.  Unfortunately, what I wanted to talk about regarding that had to do with the Holocaust.   It wasn't disrespectful to anyone, but I suspect it still would've been poofed if I had posted it.  So, I feel like even when people start interesting threads, there's a limit to what you can say, even if it isn't mean or disrespectful.

As far as not starting threads...you got that right.  I often choose to not start threads because I know they will just be poofed or people will get their panties in a bunch.  I try to find things to post about that are amusing or interesting, but so few of those things are allowed.  One time I tried to start a game thread that I thought was innocuous, but it was shut down before the first reply...no sign of it anywhere, and no explanation why it was poofed.

There are a lot of threads complaining about minor things, or chit-chatting about banalities, or gossiping about celebrities, and it's just the same-old same-old most of the time.  The thought-provoking threads are far less frequent, as are the amusing threads, and they often get shut down. 

That's the way I see it anyhow.

Even in some of the other categories, it can get a little dull.  But it's at least fun to talk about all the beauty products you used as a teen that you miss in the Beauty section, or interesting to go to Wellness and learn about cellulitis.  I just wish we could talk about fun stuff in this section that doesn't fall into another category.

I think I understand, @mistriTsquirrel.   What I see is a 2-fold problem (to try and simplify the complex):   One is that we posters continue to try to talk about things that simply don't meet the standards are aren't appropriate for a public forum that's on an international shopping site representing a corporation.    That's like trying to jam a square peg into a round hole...  we know it won't work, yet we get upset about it when it doesn't.   The other is that we don't treat one another (or the moderators, or even the QVC hosts for that matter) well or with respect...  we tend to act like children instead of well-meaning adults.     There are plenty of things we could discuss.   I just don't think most of us are willing to do so and become targets (and that is something I do think the moderators could help us fix, if only the repeat attackers would be warned and then permanently banned).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

All it takes is one know- it - all to take a discussion and turn it ugly, it happens all of the time here over the most mundane subjects.

@QVCkitty1  Yes, but sometimes the discussion isn't even ugly.  It's just that somebody gets offended and clicks report, even though the subject matter is harmless.  There's no shortage of things people get offended over here. 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Does anyone else feel like this board has become rather bland?

Image result for bored squirrel

At least we can still discuss grammar and what vegetables we like.  Yay.

No.

But posters ignoring the standards and then coming here with the dreary complaining is rather bland and a bore.

@Juniebugz  If you're trying to say I ignored the standards, I think you're wrong about that.  I didn't post any links, pictures or inappropriate content.  Besides, a good portion of the threads here are just people complaining anyway.  I was just trying to start a thread people would get a chuckle out of.

You started a thread about a nude person simulating a lewd act on a dead sea creature. Told everyone how to find the still image and "action video" lol.

Link or no that's not gonna fly here and you're naive to think it would. (No I didn't report it btw so please don't go there.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Current events? There is arguing going on about which forum is the proper one to place your message. Not easy to find a thread without arguing going on.

I don't know which thread that is, @proudlyfromNJ, but I do agree it's hard to find a thread that doesn't disintegrate into fights -- often petty ones.

I feel that much of the blame goes to all of us as  posters...  it's certainly not always the topic that tanks a thread.   Instead, it turns out to be the way we can't seem to treat each other civilly, maturely, and respectfully.   I guess it's a reflection of the internet as a whole, with people hiding behind silly nicknames and using that as false courage to try and make themselves seem big and important while they try to make others seem small and insignificant.   This is one reason other forums, one-by-one, are being closed down.    With all the complaints here, the near-contempt shown toward the moderators and the Q, and the determination to "act out" like children, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see QVC eventually close the Community.   I think we need to look inward instead of pointing fingers at others, but I understand not everyone agrees.

@dooBdoo  Are you calling my nickname silly??  Them's fightin' words!!

Image result for squirrel boxer

Hah!   Well, of course "dooBdoo" is perfectly dignified, if I do say so myself...😜

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Ugh, the historical era thread got poofed.  I bet I know why.  Always the same old song.

@Lucky Charm,  The thread is still there and open for responses:  "INTERESTING TIMES AND PEOPLE!" at the link:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/INTERESTING-TIMES-AND-PEOPLE/td-p/3766814

Thanks @dooBdoo, I misunderstood a post that it had been deleted.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Sure wasn't boring when a TROLL and I mean a TROLL invaded and laid waste to all forums back in 2016 can't remeber think it was Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

The F bombs flew . The boards had shut down for the holidays and all mods went home for couple of days and the board was wide open and this ol' gal came in and blew the doors off. Stuff coming out of her mouth would have made a sailor on shore leave blush.

She was against religion in all forms and extolling the virtues of the other side of religion. Made you sick to your stomach. She put up pics that made fun of religion, etc. 

I took her on and let her know that I had copied and pasted what she said because some speculated she would delete everything when the boards resumed. I had proof of what went down and emailed QVC offline. She slowed down a little after that because I think it was a young person who didn't think that far down the road what would happen.  Then the idiot took a breathe and came firing back with more disgusting vile trash.

I hope this yr. they shut down the boards and put a stop to that 'stuff'.  I can only pray they have the tech capability to figure out that persons computer's 'code' whatever you call it that can be tracked.

Nope, it wasn't boring last yr. That person was beyond sick !

That was dreadful, @SharkE.    Revolting, disgusting stuff.   I can only hope QVC learns from that mistake and has at least one moderator on duty rather than leaving the forums open to anything and everything.    I think that was the worst thing I've ever seen here.

Honored Contributor

Amen sista'.

I bet they close the boards this yr. If 'it' trys to come back won't make it

LOL