Honored Contributor

Re: So Few Funny or Interesting Things Allowed Here

@truffle wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel but don't forget "we" asked for it so we have no one to blame but ourselves for out of control moderation! 

Smiley Mad

Speak for yourself... I never asked for it...

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Does anyone else feel like this board has become rather bland?

Image result for bored squirrel

At least we can still discuss grammar and what vegetables we like.  Yay.

No.

But posters ignoring the standards and then coming here with the dreary complaining is rather bland and a bore.

Respected Contributor

Image result for sleepy squirrel gifs

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @dooBdoo!!!  I feel like it's a real challenge to come up with things to post that are actually interesting, but will also be allowed here.

@Oznell came up with an interesting one about what historical periods/people interest you.  Unfortunately, what I wanted to talk about regarding that had to do with the Holocaust.   It wasn't disrespectful to anyone, but I suspect it still would've been poofed if I had posted it.  So, I feel like even when people start interesting threads, there's a limit to what you can say, even if it isn't mean or disrespectful.

As far as not starting threads...you got that right.  I often choose to not start threads because I know they will just be poofed or people will get their panties in a bunch.  I try to find things to post about that are amusing or interesting, but so few of those things are allowed.  One time I tried to start a game thread that I thought was innocuous, but it was shut down before the first reply...no sign of it anywhere, and no explanation why it was poofed.

There are a lot of threads complaining about minor things, or chit-chatting about banalities, or gossiping about celebrities, and it's just the same-old same-old most of the time.  The thought-provoking threads are far less frequent, as are the amusing threads, and they often get shut down. 

That's the way I see it anyhow.

Even in some of the other categories, it can get a little dull.  But it's at least fun to talk about all the beauty products you used as a teen that you miss in the Beauty section, or interesting to go to Wellness and learn about cellulitis.  I just wish we could talk about fun stuff in this section that doesn't fall into another category.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I think that if people dialed it back a notch more threads would survive.You can respectfully disagree with someone without getting nasty & insulting.

I've said in the past that we are all friends here.There is no need for personal attacks.

@NicksmomESQ  I agree that there are personal attacks taking place here.  However, I also think that some people interpret certain posts as a personal attack when they are not, then they strike back with a personal attack, feeling like they are justified.  And it just devolves from there.

Honored Contributor

Ugh, the historical era thread got poofed.  I bet I know why.  Always the same old song.

Honored Contributor

All it takes is one know- it - all to take a discussion and turn it ugly, it happens all of the time here over the most mundane subjects.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

YES! Spent a lot of time here years ago and learned so much, about different products, deals, ideas, differences of opinions, etc. It's down right boring here, nothing against the company, of course, but they took away the fun of discussing current events and the programming, hosts, etc.I agree with you 110 percent, bland board now. I take a peek back often because it really was a fun and interesting place to come to (but by habit, mostly).

Current events? There is arguing going on about which forum is the proper one to place your message. Not easy to find a thread without arguing going on.

I don't know which thread that is, @proudlyfromNJ, but I do agree it's hard to find a thread that doesn't disintegrate into fights -- often petty ones.

I feel that much of the blame goes to all of us as  posters...  it's certainly not always the topic that tanks a thread.   Instead, it turns out to be the way we can't seem to treat each other civilly, maturely, and respectfully.   I guess it's a reflection of the internet as a whole, with people hiding behind silly nicknames and using that as false courage to try and make themselves seem big and important while they try to make others seem small and insignificant.   This is one reason other forums, one-by-one, are being closed down.    With all the complaints here, the near-contempt shown toward the moderators and the Q, and the determination to "act out" like children, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see QVC eventually close the Community.   I think we need to look inward instead of pointing fingers at others, but I understand not everyone agrees.

@dooBdoo  Are you calling my nickname silly??  Them's fightin' words!!

Image result for squirrel boxer

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Ugh, the historical era thread got poofed.  I bet I know why.  Always the same old song.

@Lucky Charm,  The thread is still there and open for responses:  "INTERESTING TIMES AND PEOPLE!" at the link:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/INTERESTING-TIMES-AND-PEOPLE/td-p/3766814

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
QVC Customer Care