Honored Contributor

Re: So Done With Hot and Humid Summer..Looking Forward to Fall and Cooler Days

I am with you.  The only time I really like summer is when I was a kid and I would go swimming a lot.  Now, I like the summer flowers and vegetables but that is about it. The humidity has been horrible this summer in the Midwest.  I can't wait for the sweater weather and no more air conditioning.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I love Summer best (except for the electric bills)..lol..I like Fall too, but I am not in a hurry for it to arrive b/c then comes Winter here in PA which I hate. lol. (I also do not like when it gets dark early and it is already starting to get dark earlier and earlier).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

It's been a miserable summer.  I put all of my patio furniture out months ago, and haven't done anything but hose it off when I water my plants.

Next year, I'm not putting it out until September!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I will take the hot and humid days any day over the bleak winter days!!.

Me too!  I love hot weather.  It's rarely, rarely ever too hot for me.  I love summer, heat, the sun, all of it.

Respected Contributor

We left this hot humid tropical wet muck here in florida and went to western north carolina for a week in early august and it was so wonderful. 

Honored Contributor

I LOVE the hottest days of summer! In fact today its supposed to be 87 so we'll be out on our lake. Since we have guests this weekend we plan on taking out boat out, using the jet ski and possibly take the kayaks out for a ride. Lunch will be on our porch over looking the lake. Now what can get better than that all you that dislike summer so much? Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I live, work, shop, drive in air conditioning.  It's been one hot and humid summer but it hasn't affected me much.  So, I am in no hurry to see summer end.  I'm hoping and praying for a lot more summer weather and a long, warm fall.  I remember last winter!  I'm in no hurry for that to start.   People make me laugh, they have such short memories.  Actually, the snow and ice in one of those "snow farms" in Boston only melted a month or so ago.