Honored Contributor

Re: So Done With Hot and Humid Summer..Looking Forward to Fall and Cooler Days

Update from yesterday:  

The humid weather which caused my employer's vents to leak brought out the entire fire station today to inspect the building.  They decided to make it a training exercise for everyone.  I had almost the whole calendar in or near my office for about 20 minutes.  

I sort of take back my looking forward to fall post.  This was my best Friday morning at work ever.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I am so ready for the humid hot days to leave!

Fall can't come soon enough for me.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

As long as I don't have to shovel, I have no complaints.  (I'm in the metro-DC area, and we have plenty of heat and humidity, but it still beats shoveling snow, IMHO.)

Valued Contributor

@meowing kitty wrote:

I live in Arizona where it will be near 100 for another month or so. I wish our summers ended at Labor Day. I don't get it. It seems once Labor Day is here it means BAM summer is over, bring out the boots and sweaters. We don't have a specific day when our winter ends and shorts and sandals start. 

yep, I live in Glendale and my grandkids will be in the pool until Oct.   TOO TOO hot this summer and in Glendale, the rain keeps missing us, My daughter lives in Gilberts and she has been hit several times by the monsoons, but not us,  just enough to dirty the windsheild.

Honored Contributor

I love the HHH days of summer.  I am also crazy about the long days that can be enjoyed to about 9 pm.

We enjoy swimming and boating and entertaining with friends and just hanging out having a great time.

Fall is also a beautiful time of the year, but I find it depressing because I know that winter is right around the corner.  I HATE winter.  It's cold and dark and icy.  It stunts my lifestyle.  Hopefully, we can become snowbirds and fly south for the winter..., soon.

My DH retired in April and I am feeling the retirement life calling out to me.  One of these days, I will just go into work and hand in my resignation.  I am really thinking about doing this more often than not.  Perhaps next spring?  Right now I am in NJ at the beach....summer life is so good!

Esteemed Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

@meowing kitty wrote:

I live in Arizona where it will be near 100 for another month or so. I wish our summers ended at Labor Day. I don't get it. It seems once Labor Day is here it means BAM summer is over, bring out the boots and sweaters. We don't have a specific day when our winter ends and shorts and sandals start. 

yep, I live in Glendale and my grandkids will be in the pool until Oct.   TOO TOO hot this summer and in Glendale, the rain keeps missing us, My daughter lives in Gilberts and she has been hit several times by the monsoons, but not us,  just enough to dirty the windsheild.

I live in Peoria and not much rain either. Seems the east valley gets it all. What I would give for a couple of days of nice rain and cool temps.

Valued Contributor

@meowing kitty wrote:

@stazgirl wrote:

@meowing kitty wrote:

I live in Peoria and not much rain either. Seems the east valley gets it all. What I would give for a couple of days of nice rain and cool temps.

ME TOO< I get all excited when I see the clouds, then .....nothing...suppose to rain this weekend 20-30% chance, but I bet we will not get any. 

Respected Contributor

The older I get the more I can't deal with winter.  While I was walking the dog today I was wishing that we could go back to the first of April and start again.  Spring, to me, is the new beginning of life and everything is fresh and new.  Autumn is the end and is depressing to me.  Winter is 5 months of cold and darkness.  I wish I could be a snowbird, but I'd have to put up a tent in the park.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Scooby Doo wrote:

The older I get the more I can't deal with winter.  While I was walking the dog today I was wishing that we could go back to the first of April and start again.  Spring, to me, is the new beginning of life and everything is fresh and new.  Autumn is the end and is depressing to me.  Winter is 5 months of cold and darkness.  I wish I could be a snowbird, but I'd have to put up a tent in the park.

After nothing but day after day of sunshine and heat it gets real old fast. I long for cold, darkness and rain. I want to wear sweatshirts, jeans and boots. Sick of shorts and sandals. Ah, maybe by thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fall's the best, I just wish it lasted longer here in the mid-Atlantic region. It seems like summer hangs on longer each year and yes, I'm pretty much ready for it to fade away. I really like for late September, October and November to be cool and crisp but we seem to get such a mixed bag anymore... Also hoping this isn't going to be one of those exceedingly wet falls.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...