Super Contributor

I don't know why I order stuff from EvineLive anymore - their shipping charges are outrageous. Recently during one of their Gem Treasure events, they had sapphire stack band rings on sale with $2.99 shipping on everything. I ordered 2 of the rings and of course they both came in the same package. Decided they just really didn't look as good in person as on tv, so I returned them. They deducted $5.99 on each ring for original shipping and handling instead of the $2.99 I was charged. I had to call customer service to get it corrected. They told me they would credit the $6.00 back to me as a one time courtesy ----- it was their mistake!!  SO DONE WITH THEM. 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

I know what you are talking about, I have had several bad experiences with them concerning shipping and returns.

Honored Contributor

Under the circumstances you describe, they don't normally do refunds.  Like QVC, the return shipping is a lot more than what you paid to get it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Even if you had free shipping you still have to pay for the return.  They were nice to offer you a refund.

Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer wrote:

I don't know why I order stuff from EvineLive anymore - their shipping charges are outrageous. Recently during one of their Gem Treasure events, they had sapphire stack band rings on sale with $2.99 shipping on everything. I ordered 2 of the rings and of course they both came in the same package. Decided they just really didn't look as good in person as on tv, so I returned them. They deducted $5.99 on each ring for original shipping and handling instead of the $2.99 I was charged. I had to call customer service to get it corrected. They told me they would credit the $6.00 back to me as a one time courtesy ----- it was their mistake!!  SO DONE WITH THEM. 

All the shopping TV networks do this including QVC, it's not only Evine! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Why didn't you just write out the return address on the envelope, and mail it back?.

I can't imagine two rings weighing more than a few ounces, and maybe cost a couple of stamps to send back.

Honored Contributor

Evine's normal s/h on those stack rings is $5.99, not $2.99.  It seems to me the OP is saying that when they processed the refund, they deducted $5.99 per ring for the original s/h and not the $2.99 per ring she paid.  I don't think she was talking about the return label fee.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

yes... I really do not order much from these shopping channels anymore unless I know that I will not return it.  They nickle and dime you to death. 

Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer, I gave up on them for a long while when they were ValuVision for something similar.  I ordered some Pam McCoy clothing.  It was all shipped to me in one box.  I returned all but one piece because it was horrible.  I put everything back in the same box, went to the post office and paid to ship the box back myself.

They processed my refund and charged me $6.95 PER Item that was in that box for the return.  I contacted them and told them I paid for the return and had the PO receipt to prove it.  I was on hold for awhile and the CS Rep came back and said as a one time courtesy they would refund the money back to me but I needed to understand it was a 1 time thing. They weren't going to do it again.  I told her they were doing nothing as a courtesy for me.  I paid the return s/h and this was their mistake.  I told her my shopping with them was done for awhile.  And I stuck to that for a few years.  

@JaneMarple, HSN still refunds original s/h. They are the only shopping channel that does.  I expect that to change soon.

Honored Contributor

the few times I have sent things back to Evine---I email CS and tell them I am sending it back as well as letting them know that I am paying for the return and not using their return label, then I write a note and put that in with the return  saying the very same thing. Once I had to pay when they got a return as the easy pay amounts weren't big enough to cover their cost of the return label---that's when I decided --NO MORE----and then the shipping per piece at $5 EACH for the things that are on clearance---can add up fast---

That is crazy!!!!!