Honored Contributor

Re: So.....Anything Exciting Going On?

Enjoying my last meal before colonoscopy prep all day tomorrow.  I'll be excited when it's over and i can eat lunch on Monday.

Honored Contributor

Mmmm, @Cakers3 ,  pie is such a treat-- enjoy!   Peach is my favorite (just like peach ice cream and peach cobbler) but rarely get to have it.

Still on the food front, we picked up take-out for lunch using the restaurant coupon our son gave us for anniversary present.  Always a good feeling to save money!   And the grilled vegetable wrap was yummy.

In a little while we'll have the baked pears I made this aft with some PG Tips tea.  The pears are in honor of fall, but these fresh ones were not that good eaten fresh.  So I baked them in maple syrup, with a Chobani "coffee and cream" yogurt swirled in, and lots of cinnamon and nutmeg.  Just the right amount of sweet!

The REALLY exciting thing is that I finally connected this week with my friend in New Orleans, who had tried to ride out Hurricane Ida, but had to hurriedly decamp with the one other guy in her condo building and his girlfriend, and they ended up in Georgia (!) in a golf course/country club development....   But safe and sound!

Honored Contributor

Oh, indeed. We are enjoying the result of a long overdue carpet cleaning we scheduled yesterday. It looks like new.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well now that OP mentioned it...  I went outside to play with my dog and all of a sudden there was a very loud bird chirping  noise and  my 2 neighbor's yards  were crammed full of small birds (well over 100) who kept flying from the trees to the yards just like  a scene from the birds.  My dog was spellbound and a bit creeped out by the noise and sight that she just stood by the fence with a wierd look on her face.  They stayed there for about 10 minutes then flew low a few houses away then flew overhead and left.  Later when I was sitting my deck reading all of a sudden the chirping started and there were so many flying low they blocked out the sun and they landed in the unfenced part of my backyard and the neighbor's backyard.  I counted well over 75 and that was not even half of them when  they flew off.   Really strange!!

Trusted Contributor

Just heard that a Russian movie is being filmed in SPACE! Tom Cruise is also planning to film a movie in space. Imagine that we will now be able to see "sci-fi" without special effects! Isn't progress amazing?

Respected Contributor

Even more excitement!

My hockey season tickets and parking pass arrived today! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Super Contributor

Nah, basically the opposite of exciting today. It's too windy for even my routine park outing with my dog.  

I am reading an exciting Ann Cleeves novel.  Does that count? 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Even more excitement!

My hockey season tickets and parking pass arrived today! 

@FrostyBabe1 

I know @hckynut  would be so interested in this