Honored Contributor

@Noel7

A photo by an A. Rowe taken in Snowdonia Park in Wales.  Is this not stunning?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

This caught my eye as I was about to text her back...

Snowdonia is incredible, this is a nice photo!  imo Wales has so many beautiful areas, and the ocean scenes, too. 

I have a crystal from Snowdonia mountain that one of my ancestors found long ago.

Honored Contributor

Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales, Snowdonia National Park, Gwynedd, North Wales Stock Photo

Honored Contributor

Image result for snowdonia wales

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

All photos are of Snowdonia National Park

Honored Contributor

Wow!  I never made it to the UK, back when I was travelling all over the place.  I regret that.    Awesome pics!  Thanks for sharing, both of you.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Snowdonia in Wales

[ Edited ]

My husband and I visited Wales years ago. It was beautiful. We went to Snowdonia, as well as several small towns and villages, including the one that has the longest name on earth. We took scenic trains and visited an Italianate village built by a wealthy man, a TV series was filmed there. It’s right on the coast. It’s called Portmeirion and, yes, the beautiful china comes from there..at least it used to. We bought some beautiful pieces.

I almost forgot about one of Wales most famous claims to fame...the men’s chorus. In Betws y Coed we spent a fantastic evening listening to the beautiful harmonies. At the end, the men sang the Welsh anthem. Everyone stood up and sang.

Honored Contributor

It looks so peaceful to me , like one could walk for miles, how lovely ,i so would love to return to England,but guess it won't happen.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Vivian

The village is known as Llanfair PG or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. The name means "St Mary's church in the hollow of the white hazel near to the fierce whirlpool of St Tysilio of the red cave" in Welsh.

I can pronounce parts of the name, LOL.