Contributor

Snowbell, my tribute to you, my little sugar lump

Snowbell, it was one year ago tonight I had to send you to the Bridge to be with Schatzie and Bruiser. My heart aches as much tonight as it did last December 14. You were so beautiful, my first kitty. I didn’t even like cats before I agreed to take you, I was always a “dog person” – I couldn’t even figure out why people loved cats. You taught me that cats are just as loveable as dogs.

Schatzie needed a “buddy” to play with while I was at work, and even though you were a cat, she loved you so much, as you did her. I remember the day Schatzie went to the Bridge in January 2005, you knew there was something wrong. You opened the door to her crate, went inside, and slept that night in Schatie’s bed. I decided to put you two together in the same urn, and you are now together in Heaven too.

I miss you making biscuits on my lap. I miss kissing your soft little cheek, the top of your head, and calling you My Little Baby Girl. I miss sticking my nose into your soft fur and smelling that clean, sweet scent that cats have. I miss tickling your belly. Most cats don’t like that, but you did. I miss waking up in the middle of the night to find you sleeping on my side, in the crook of my waist. I never even felt when you would lay down on me to sleep, you were light as a feather.

Your fur was snow white and looked like cotton candy. You had the prettiest almond-shaped green eyes. The fluffiest tail. The cutest little meow – it was like “waaaaa, waaaaa”. I called you my little lump of sugar.

I knew nothing about cats when I rescued you, but I guess I didn’t do too bad since you almost made it to age 18. Even though I had you for 16½ years, it was not long enough. It’s never long enough. I miss you so much, but some day we will be together again. After Dr. Hill left the room, I kissed you for the last time, closed your eyes, and laid my head on your body. I didn’t want to leave you. RIP, sweet baby girl.

Photobucket