Trusted Contributor

Re: Snow in the Rockies..do you think it will be an early winter?

33 degrees and snow on the ground in North Idaho.

Honored Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

Lol...you win for best temperature!

Honored Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

@spud188     Hubby and I lived in Ketchum Idaho for 10 years in the 1980's.  We met one another and married there!    Although a wonderful place to live.... it was down right COLD in the winter with many 40 below zero temps and lots and lots of snow right up the the roof of our home there.  Of course, at that time we were in our 20's and able to deal and cope with just about anything!

Northern Idaho is a beautiful place to live! Lucky you!

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Not necessarily @cherry   I watched the national weather this morning and she said that half of the US would be experiencing above average temps. Here in the NOLA area we’re expecting to break several records for high temperatures.  And so far this is our driest September on record. ☀️☀️☀️

@shoesnbags @geezerette  Shoesnbags, geezerette, you are exactly right.  People lament on weather in their own area but forget the rest of the country. 

On the first day of "Autumn," my thermometer registered 106 degrees F in the shadiest part of my garden at 5 p.m., wish at they might Winter is coming for all, it is still very much Summer here in my area. 

We attended a football game yesterday and on reaching our stadium seats at 5 p.m., it was near 100 dg.  We have had no rain in months.  Our oldest shrubberies and trees, even, are dying.  We are on water restrictions and have a big lot so beyond bathing and doing laundry, we are limited as to what we can expend.   

Perhaps the snow early snow will melt and trickle down to our area in the form of water for us.  This is not only our hottest but driest season since 1916 (103 years ago). So, Winter is not upon us.