Respected Contributor

Re: Snow Snow Snow Snow Snow

@SuzieGarnet wrote:

@hoosieroriginal and those that got snow, now this might work... Hope no one minds what I posted this picture... Just seems appropriate for the title of the thread.  No snow in my part of North Georgia but it sure looks gloomy out and getting colder, I love it!!

@Suziepeach - Love it!  I'm sure some parents around here would go for that - in my town they cancel school if there's the tiniest amount of snow on the ground! 

Respected Contributor

@ballyk wrote:

@FrostyBabe wrote:

We got just a dusting, not the 3-5 inches that was forecasted. The local TV weather people are beside themselves with disappointment. Now they're hyping the potential for lake effect snow. It's winter. In Michigan. It snows.

We got your snow in Gaylord Smiley Happy

Sunday morning

@ballyk Beautiful!  You have to admit, when it falls on the weekend it is so much better than during the week!

Esteemed Contributor

Rain and fog and more rain and fog.  A bit of snow would be nice... just a bit.  

Respected Contributor

Winter seems to finally decided to arrive in SW PA.  

We had a pretty decent day yesterday, with temps in the high 50s.  The rain started last night, yet this morning the sun was shining with temps in mid 40s.

What a difference a few hours makes.  Wind is howling, sky is gray, snow has started and temps are dropping.  Winter is here.  That nice weather was great while it lasted.

Honored Contributor

What a difference a day made.  Saturday night we were walking in downtown with just sweaters on.  We arrived home about 2:00 a.m. and within about 30 minutes it was pouring buckets. 

About 10:30 a.m. or so yesterday morning, all of a sudden that rain turned to snow and it was miserable.  It was a very heavy, wet snow and the wind was crazy.  I had to grocery shop in that mess and once I got home, I stayed home the rest of the day.  At time the wind gusts were so hard it sounded like they were going to blow my house down.  

Esteemed Contributor

We broke records here in PA for 60 some degree weather on Sunday. It was wonderful and we had a gorgeous rainbow out backk after some showers. Sadly snow is now in the forecast. Sorry, I hate Winter. Wish it was 60-70 year round.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

No No No and NO...LOL

Keep it..I could live without snow this season!!

Valued Contributor

60 school closings today with more snow on the way and this is N Michigan. We're used to snow !!
Super Contributor

Rarely do kids have a snow day here; they are too well equipped...LOL.   In 13 years of school, my son had three "snow days", and that is because there were -48 to -60 wind chills and the governor closed all schools in the state.

Our K-12 district's new policy is that classes will be cancelled if the National Weather Service forecast at 6 a.m. predicts an air temperature lower than 25 below zero or a wind chill of 35 below zero (lowered from -40 the prior year).

Wind chills are supposed to be -25 to -30 tomorrow morning so schools here won't close.

Honored Contributor

We got an inch, which was an inch too much for me.