Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sneak peek at my new puppy at 7 wks

On 3/2/2015 Make-up LVR said:
On 3/2/2015 ccassaday said: It will be neat to se our pups progress since they are the same age.

Yes, it will. I love the pictures of Chloe.

I have to get some better pics of her.
Esteemed Contributor

I was going to ask you where you live. I am so jealous of those pictures with the green grass. Only thing you can see here is the snow.
Regular Contributor

On 3/2/2015 ccassaday said: I was going to ask you where you live. I am so jealous of those pictures with the green grass. Only thing you can see here is the snow.

I live in Oregon....rain, rain, rain.....LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so tired of the snow and cold in NE Indiana. We have a Garden pond that is frozen over. It has a hole where the heater is. We have a big fenced in yard and have to I watch our pup because she could fall in the hole. I can't wait until it in freezes because then the worst thing is she will go for a swim and get the fish.
Regular Contributor

On 3/2/2015 ccassaday said: I am so tired of the snow and cold in NE Indiana. We have a Garden pond that is frozen over. It has a hole where the heater is. We have a big fenced in yard and have to I watch our pup because she could fall in the hole. I can't wait until it in freezes because then the worst thing is she will go for a swim and get the fish.

There's a hole in our yard too and of course, it's the first thing Boaz discovered. How's potty training going? Boaz, doesn't seem to understand that going potty in the house is not allowed. I read where when your puppy does something wrong you can use a water gun to shoot at him.... Boaz, LOVES being sprayed with the gun! We have a ways to go... {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Esteemed Contributor

Gorgeous!!!
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/2/2015 ccassaday said: I am so tired of the snow and cold in NE Indiana. We have a Garden pond that is frozen over. It has a hole where the heater is. We have a big fenced in yard and have to I watch our pup because she could fall in the hole. I can't wait until it in freezes because then the worst thing is she will go for a swim and get the fish.

There's a hole in our yard too and of course, it's the first thing Boaz discovered. How's potty training going? Boaz, doesn't seem to understand that going potty in the house is not allowed. I read where when your puppy does something wrong you can use a water gun to shoot at him.... Boaz, LOVES being sprayed with the gun! We have a ways to go... {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I would not use a water gun. Everything I have read is you clean it up and don't make a big deal out of it. For the first week or so when she has an accident we would take her outside. We have had a sporadic accident since then but mainly because we were side tracked. She is mostly housebroke now and goes to the door. She does go at night on her doggy pad. But for the most part she is housebroken. It scares us with this stupid pond because if she falls in that hole she will get trapped under the ice and be gone.
Regular Contributor

On 3/2/2015 ccassaday said:

I would not use a water gun. Everything I have read is you clean it up and don't make a big deal out of it. For the first week or so when she has an accident we would take her outside. We have had a sporadic accident since then but mainly because we were side tracked. She is mostly housebroke now and goes to the door. She does go at night on her doggy pad. But for the most part she is housebroken. It scares us with this stupid pond because if she falls in that hole she will get trapped under the ice and be gone.

Yes, that pond would scare me too. I've always had a hard time potty training my dogs. I'm glad your's is doing so well. I'll tell Boaz about her and maybe he will try to do better. Smiley Happy The water gun's are gone, didn't work and they leaked. Can't wait to see some more updated pictures of your cute little girl.

Esteemed Contributor

It took us a little over a week before she started going to the door. Be persistant and give it about a week. I don't know if your home all day or work. My mom doesn't work so it makes it easier. Jake was taught to ring a bell hanging from the patio door. We put it up with Chloe but she gets sidetracked and starts playing with it. We will be trying it again soon.
Esteemed Contributor

So is yours a biter. We call Chloe a little shark. My three year old niece today said grandma will she eat your arm. So funny. Chloe gets her and she starts yelling grandma come get Chloe.