Respected Contributor

Perhaps she has  form of dementia or mental disability rather than just assuming she is "jealous"?

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@on the bay   what a beautiful post.   Thank you.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

I guess we all have one of "those" types of acquaintances in our lives who just seem to suck the joy out of life.  I believe for some reason they are jealous. 

I have a friend who sounds exactly like your neighbor.  Every time we are together she always makes a comment about my appearance and tells me (with a smirk or sneer) how nice I look.  The first few times it happened I was furious.  With some wise advice from my sweet husband, I have learned to rise above it and thank her for her kind remarks. 

Respected Contributor

This neighbor sounds like a miserable, negative person and seems to enjoy putting down others. Negative attention is better then no attention as the story goes.

Pay no attention and continue being your bright positive self. The world needs more people like you in it.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

Ladies, your positive comments are so helpful!!!  This has not been a good week and her comment today really hit hard (too nasty to post yet she said it with a smile).  Anyway, thank you again!!!  I will continue to ignore the comments.  And, I think I'll just head inside if I see her coming.

Respected Contributor

Re: Snarky Comments

[ Edited ]

@grandma r....I don't know the age of this woman, but my DH (late 60's) has some dementia and will say inappropriate things at times. I just keep my mouth shut and walk away. Sometimes that is the best thing to do. Good luck!Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer .First of all, I wish you and your husband well.  Our family has also had Alzheimer's issues and my prayers are with both of you.

Unfortunately, this woman is younger than myself and in excellent health.  From what I've heard from those who have known her since her youth, she has always been self centered and considers herself superior to most people.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma r......okay, well I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. So maybe she is just a nasty B. Cat LOL

Edited to add that you have to realize that "normal" people do not speak to others like she speaks, so I would do my best to avoid her.

Honored Contributor

We knew a lady who had a bigger house than ours.  Every time she came in our little house she said "Oh I love your house!  It's so cozy."

In a case like those we are talking about the best question is "Why does it matter to me what she says?"  That's what I would think. . . Consider the source and don't worry about it.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think she's jealous, if she thinks she's superior to you, she just wants to push your buttons. I would avoid her like the plague and not give what she says a second thought. She wins if you obsess over it.