Super Contributor

Re: Smudging your home with sage...

On 1/6/2014 Jules5280 said:
On 1/6/2014 phluphy said:

If you have ever watched Long Island Medium she does Saging on homes for people. She states it gets rid of negative spirit. Try it, what have you got to lose. I'm looking into it also. Good Luck!!

Thanks phluphy, that's kind of what I was thinking too... what's there to lose? I guess you are supposed to move through the house in a clockwise direction. With my luck I would go the opposite direction and end up inviting more bad energy inside. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Good luck if you give it a try.

She is also a nut case who talks to dead people....

Super Contributor

On 1/6/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 1/6/2014 sunala said:

I'm all out of sage. Will it work with oregano? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hey- here in Washington State... we smuge with POT legally now!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yeah, if I still lived in Colorado that's what I could use. I guess by the time I was done I wouldn't care if there was good or bad energy in the house.

Super Contributor

On 1/6/2014 Caravaggio said:
On 1/6/2014 gloriajean said:

When we first moved in our house, we had our priest come and bless the house. Blessing it with a beautiful prayer used and sprinkling with Holy Water wards off any evil.

I'm a Christian by faith, and I suppose I could ask our pastor to come bless the home. My dad and I say prayers all the time. Saging isn't some voodoo ceremony or occult ritual. I see it as a spiritual, sort of holistic approach to cleansing bad or old stale energy out, and encouraging positive to come in.

The link I shared seemed full of info. I was raised Catholic and Jewish I see nothing wrong with Saging. Good Luck.

Thanks Caravaggion, I'll check it out.

Respected Contributor

Hi Jules, Happy New Year. :-) I've never done this, but have always thought it would be interesting to do. Hope you post back your experience, if you decide to do it.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Contributor

Jules, I guess I am too much of a cynic because I just can't put any faith in the thought that inanimate objects hold some mystical power.

Honored Contributor

No negativity from me on the saging of the house. However, I too would be inclined to invite my pastor over for a visit, and discuss my feelings openly, in order to receive spiritual guidance regarding the dark cloud feeling and negative energy in the house. Wishing you better days ahead Jules.

Super Contributor

n/m

Esteemed Contributor

If you have ever watched Long Island Medium she does Saging on homes for people. She states it gets rid of negative spirit. Try it, what have you got to lose. I'm looking into it also. Good Luck!!

Thanks phluphy, that's kind of what I was thinking too... what's there to lose? I guess you are supposed to move through the house in a clockwise direction. With my luck I would go the opposite direction and end up inviting more bad energy inside. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Good luck if you give it a try.

Would love to hear more on what makes her a "nut case."

Respected Contributor

Go for it!!! I see nothing wrong with it.

I missed my pork and sauerkraut this year and feel like the cloud may come in. Rut Roh! I may have to do it too.

It's nothing different than those eat special foods on New year's traditionally for a good year. Black eyed peas, pork and sauerkraut etc.

Respected Contributor

On 1/6/2014 sfnative said:

Would love to hear more on what makes her a "nut case."

Me too.