Respected Contributor

A lot of California is on fire as well...very smokey and 106 today....God bless the firefighters!

Respected Contributor

The drought and fires are both heartbreaking and frightening and prayers to all who are coping with them

Heads up to those of you who are dealing with the ash and running your ac.  You need to keep an eye on your outside units and if they look like they are being coated with the ash, use an air compressor or canned compressed air to blow out the debris.  The more debris build-up on the condenser coils and cooling fins the harder your a/c has to work.

Honored Contributor

We normally have smoke, sometimes really badly, most of the time in the summer but this year, we've had so much rain that there have been few fires.  Early in June there was a fire on the AZ/NM state line which sent smoke our way but that has been it.

Nobody ever mentions poor Alaska, but they've had bad fires this summer too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

OP We were so fortunate to have enjoyed clear skies and cool days vacationing in your area a couple weeks ago. Now back in North Idaho it has been really smokey since we got home. That map explins it all how many fires are going right now.

Very scary.

Respected Contributor

Hi spud188, so glad you had a good trip. I remember you asking about the area etc. I hope you and yours can stay safe in all the smoke.Woman LOL

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

The smoke is starting to make across the mountains to Western Washington today.  There is a very faint yellow haze but no smell or ash. 

Respected Contributor

So sorry,DiAnne, hope it doesn't get too bad. Stay safe. It is an erie feeling  to me.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".