I can't find the recipe for smashed potatoes. Help!

Honored Contributor

Check allrecipes.com.

Honored Contributor

Re: Smashed Potatoes?

[ Edited ]

Are you talking about David's Pressure Cooker Smashed Potatoes?

Pressure Cooker Smashed Potatoes

Serves 8–10

David's Note:
  • This is a classic smashed potato recipe that's completely open for interpretation. Add roasted garlic, cheese, bacon, sour cream, or anything you like for a recipe all your own.

Pressure Cooker Smashed Potatoes
Ingredients:
  • 4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, evenly quartered
  • 4 cups water
  • 2–1/2 Tbsp salt, divided
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk (or more, for creamier potatoes)
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1–1/2 sticks butter
  • 1/2 Tbsp pepper
  • 2 Tbsp fresh chopped chives
Preparation:
    • Place a steamer rack in the bottom of a 6-qt pressure cooker and place the potatoes on top. Pour in the water. (Adjust amount accordingly based on the size of your pressure cooker, so that half the potatoes are covered.) Sprinkle 1 Tbsp salt over the potatoes.

• Close the lid and cook on full pressure for 8 minutes. Quick release the pressure and check the potatoes with a fork for doneness. Drain the potatoes in a colander.

• Put the cooked potatoes back into the pressure cooker, leaving out the steamer rack, and place on warm. Add the buttermilk, cream, butter, remaining salt, and pepper. Replace the lid and allow the liquid and butter to warm. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes and ingredients. Add in the chives. Make sure to mix well from the bottom.
Honored Contributor

I never heardc of making smashed potatoes in a pressure cooker - just in the oven. I bake the potatoes - usually redskins - in the oven til done then smash them with a potato masher then salt, butter and whatever else you may like on top - we usually add cheese at our house and fresh parsley or chives -then back in the oven a few min to melt everything and brown slightly and that's it.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I never heardc of making smashed potatoes in a pressure cooker - just in the oven. I bake the potatoes - usually redskins - in the oven til done then smash them with a potato masher then salt, butter and whatever else you may like on top - we usually add cheese at our house and fresh parsley or chives -then back in the oven a few min to melt everything and brown slightly and that's it.

I did not know what recipe the OP is looking for. I'm not watching Q so I don't know what they may have showed today with ITKWD so I posted one of his recipes. If Smashed Potatoes is searched in the search forums & blogs box above recipes for it do come up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Smashed Potatoes?

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I just watched a Martha Stewart show on pbs, and this is how she does it.

Esteemed Contributor

"Cooks.com" or "Allrecipes.com"......  Everything you need to know and lots you don't....