Respected Contributor

Re: Smartsun wristbands turn pink when it's time to get out of the sun...

On 5/16/2014 stilltamn8r said:

or a wristwatch works too...

In my neck of the woods it's sunny almost year round and so the affect of the sun will be different depending on the season. I am interested to know how long it takes for UV to reach and become harmful but not only during the summer.

Super Contributor

On 5/16/2014 ILikeShade said:
On 5/16/2014 stilltamn8r said:

or a wristwatch works too...

In my neck of the woods it's sunny almost year round and so the affect of the sun will be different depending on the season. I am interested to know how long it takes for UV to reach and become harmful but not only during the summer.

True- I know I try and get as much sun as I can these days, ever since my Vit D was diagnosed as a 6...( and he mega doses I have been prescribed don't seem to help)I am out in the So Cal sun every day, and it doesn't seem to make much difference-

although i rarely burn anymore..Mabe over here, less UV is getting through than I

I thought- It WOULD be interesting to know-

Honored Contributor

Like Kalli, I try to avoid all sun exposure. As a natural redhead, I am extremely fair, and can get a bad burn within a few short minutes. I have gotten sunburned hanging clothes on the clothesline. I have never found a sunscreen that will give me the protection I need, so I just avoid exposure as much as possible. My eyes are also very light sensitive, which makes me uncomfortable outside in direct sunlight. I saw a dermatologist recently, and he commented on my fair skin in relation to my age, and said he could tell I must totally avoid the sun.