Honored Contributor

Anyone following?  All of a sudden, this case is back in the news, as the trial is going on.  It has echoes of Hitchcock's "Rope", and the infamous Leopold-Loeb case.

It is chilling when adolescents combine together, facilitating each other to commit a crime that perhaps one, or even neither, would do by themselves...

Super Contributor
  • I saw a doc on this case---- I believe HBO-------so chilling.
Respected Contributor

I saw the documentary, too.  Thank goodness the poor kid survived.  Weren't the two culprits starting to turn on each other? 

Honored Contributor

The whole scenario is just creepy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I've seen instances where dogs will exhibit the same behavior, the pack mentality.

These dogs, alone can be the calmest, most loving animal, put 3 or 4 together, on the loose and they become a mad, mean killing machine.

It's not surprising to see dogs behaving this way, it's their wild instinct kicking in.

Humans don't have such an ancestry, as far as I know. I don't know of anything that would explain such behaviour in kids.

Respected Contributor

Anissa is being evaluated for mental illness; she was mercilessly bullied for years in elem. and middle school. PTSD? She has been incarcerated for almost 2-3 years.

The other girl (forgot-I have chemo brain) was diagnosed w/a form of hereditary schizophrenia ; her father suffers from it as well. Her capacity to distinguish fantasy and reality was blurred. I dont know how she is being treated.

I am so thankful the victim survived an horrific attack after a birthday sleepover.

Monitor your children's internet usage, parents.

Respected Contributor

Yes, have followed from the beginning. This happened 30 min's away in the next county from us. Know the area very well. Very fascinating case.  Have been streaming it live the last 2 days while at work. The judge in this case, whom I am familiar with, is GREAT! Very smart, no-nonsense. He won't be fooled. I know someone who's currently filling out the jury questionnaire for the other girl, Morgan, whose trial coming up next month I believe.