Respected Contributor

Re: Sleepy Time for Wild Horses

Beautiful! What a wondrous place to live...Enjoy every moment!!

Respected Contributor

Energized and enjoying lunch.

IMG_1033.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Amazing photos, how lucky you are!

Honored Contributor

What a wonderful place to live.

Horses, too.  Heart

(Looks as though there's plenty of water for them too.......A nice, safe haven for them.

The best of luck to them, to you and yours, and to each of us.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

That is just amazing,love seeing your photos,so lucky to live where you do.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Puppy Lips 
I would never approach them. They are wild. Signs are posted throughout the village to leave wildlife alone. 

IMG_0740.jpeg

@On It No, of course I would never approach them.  I was simply wondering if they would run off if anyone did.  I imagine they would.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing!   They and the scenery is beautiful!  Just breathtaking!

Respected Contributor

@Natureluvr wrote:
From what the rangers at Assateague enforce, you are never supposed to approach a wild horse. They even advise to back away if one approaches you. The have signs posted with pictures of people with bites that are pretty bad.

@Natureluvr , Yes, rangers at Assateague are very strict.  We were sitting in a line of traffic there and I attempted to take a picture of horses grazing in a marshy area down the hill and quite a distance from our car and a ranger yelled from somewhere behind us, "Get your hands in the car window!" My hands were balancing my phone an inch or two outside the window. Of course I complied and moved my hands a few inches into the car, zoomed as best as I could and took the pic.

I'm not a betting person but as a horse owner myself I'd take the bet that even Secretariat couldn't have made it across that wet, swampy, marshy grass the whole distance and then up the hill to my car in time to arrive before I could get my window up. Woman Very Happy

But the ranger was only trying to keep us safe. And I'm sure it's a challenge all day, every day.

Respected Contributor

OMG, they're so beautiful! I love horses...thank you for sharing your photographs.