Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

So, yes, I think married people should definitely sleep together.  When they get old(er) that's different.  Although there is a kind of intimacy you get when you sleep (really sleep) together.

I must say I agree with this wholeheartedly.  One of the primary reasons folk do it is for sleep hygiene.  

I would try to find a medical fix for this cause I'd want to sleep next to my lovey.......Woman Very Happy

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I'd hope my husband will only be sleeping with me on a regular basis when he's alive -- lol -- @Annabellethecat66.

sorry to take advantage of your typo but it gave me a startSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I'd hope my husband will only be sleeping with me on a regular basis when he's alive -- lol -- @Annabellethecat66.

sorry to take advantage of your typo but it gave me a startSmiley Happy

@tansy  LOL Yeah, I saw that too but wasn't going to say anything.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Because of opposite work schedules, my husband and I haven't slept at the same time of day for about 15 years,as I'm a night sleeper, and he is a day sleeper.

On the rare occasion we are both home at night, it has gotten so we can't sleep in the same room at the same time. Most of it is his snoring, but I do have to say, when it comes to sleep, I've gotten very used to my own space and don't ever see going back to 'traditional' sleep arrangements.

We both get better rest this way, and it hasn't done any harm to our overall relationship.

Esteemed Contributor

I would have loved a separate bedroom...my ex and I both worked..but he had to get up earlier then myself...however he would set his clock for about 15 minutes before he needed to get up.....sooooooooo every morning his clock would ring and wake us

both up..he would hit the snooze...then it would go off again...and again...and again....this went on till he finally got up...never mind it kept me awake...of which i didn't have to be up for another hour...

It was so annoying to deal with that every morning...any discussion with him about it...he would start yelling at me...nice guy...does that tell you why he is now an ex....should have left long before i did...

so , yes, sometimes there is a good reason for separate bedrooms....

Respected Contributor

Re: Sleeping Alone

[ Edited ]

DH and I have been together over 30 years. We each have our own room. Works great for us.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

My parents slept in separate bedrooms for the last 15 yrs of their marriage.  Dad had night terrors and it made it near impossible to share a bed.  Separate bedrooms could be a blessing depending on circumstances.

Honored Contributor

If I ever got married again I would want my own house.  We could live next door to each other.  I love my privacy and familiarity breeds contempt!

Esteemed Contributor

I know couples that seem and act like they are happily married who sleep separately and say they are happy with that. I have no reason to doubt them. Most do it because of separate work schedules or one snores or has trouble sleeping. If it works for them, that is really all that matters.

I do sleep in the same bed with my husband and we are both happy with that. When either of us is out of town and aren't sleeping together, we both have trouble sleeping. That is what works for us and when we spend a lot of time talking and it is a big part of our intimacy. For me there is nothing better than getting into bed early on a winter night, putting on the fireplace and watching movies and cuddling. That is our favorite. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

If I ever got married again I would want my own house.  We could live next door to each other.  I love my privacy and familiarity breeds contempt!

I've read that the late author Robert B Parker and his wife Joan were going to separate until they came up with a similar solution, which saved their marriage.