Honored Contributor

Re: Sleepaway Camp CV-19 Outbreak

@willdob3 wrote:

What fool thought it was a good idea to have camp in the first place? All of these people must have screws loose! Seriously. 

There's a lot of that going around.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Marp  My grandsons are going to camp in three weeks. I'll let you know how it goes. I think I'm more concerned with them getting thrown by a horse or getting a bad case of poison ivy. But we'll see what happens.

My grandson goes Sunday for a week. My granddaughters flew to their other grandparents house for a baby shower. Life goes on.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness this couldn't happen with the reopening of schools.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Hey, life goes on!

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Marp  My grandsons are going to camp in three weeks. I'll let you know how it goes. I think I'm more concerned with them getting thrown by a horse or getting a bad case of poison ivy. But we'll see what happens.

My grandson goes Sunday for a week. My granddaughters flew to their other grandparents house for a baby shower. Life goes on.

@Nancy Drew  Yes, life goes on...except for those who die from the virus after getting it at one of these events. 

But, hey, gotta open everything up and get back to normal and everything will be fine. “We’re doing great!”

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Hey, life goes on!

@QueenDanceALot,  or not.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Esteemed Contributor

My granddaughter's camp that she's been to for years here in VA is closed this year. Smart! We woudn't let her go anyhow!

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Marp You're right. It was voluntary. They're planning to clean up and go right back to it.

"The Missouri Health Department told NBC News that it was not planning to close any of the Kanakuk Kamps. That left Smith disappointed.

“I can’t believe the health department isn’t shutting them down completely,” she said.

According to Health Administrator Pam Burnett, Kanakuk has informed the Stone County Health Department that an outside cleaning company will clean the K-2 camp. Camp will reopen July 15, and campers will return July 18. Sessions have been shortened moving forward to two one-week terms.

“They're rebooting, so to speak — cleaning, having the 14-day quarantine, and then they're going to restart,” Burnett said. “And so then we'll address something if another positive case pops up.”"

@Porcelain wrote:

@Marp You're right. It was voluntary. They're planning to clean up and go right back to it.

"The Missouri Health Department told NBC News that it was not planning to close any of the Kanakuk Kamps. That left Smith disappointed.

“I can’t believe the health department isn’t shutting them down completely,” she said.

According to Health Administrator Pam Burnett, Kanakuk has informed the Stone County Health Department that an outside cleaning company will clean the K-2 camp. Camp will reopen July 15, and campers will return July 18. Sessions have been shortened moving forward to two one-week terms.

“They're rebooting, so to speak — cleaning, having the 14-day quarantine, and then they're going to restart,” Burnett said. “And so then we'll address something if another positive case pops up.”"

Address ‘something’ if another positive case pops up... ???

Missouri hospitals can’t take care of Missouri patients, sending them out of state. 

~ Director Missouri Health Department.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras