Honored Contributor

Re: Sizing - Opinions please (Size Medium)

@tarsmom wrote:

What do you think of QVC's sizing?

I bought a Denim & Co. coat and it's a trifle big in Size M.  I fear if I bought a Small it would be too small.

I just bought a fleece zip jacket in black because it was a great deal (also Denim & Co) and it's roomy but I will keep it.  

Do you feel the sizes run a little big?    (other Mediums at the department store always run either true-to-size or even a tiny bit fitted).

Thanks everyone!

@tarsmom 

The don’t really “run” any way.

I can’t imagine ever going by the size alone. For every single piece of clothing, whichout exception, I check the garment measurements. That is how I select the size I want. I don’t necessarily want he clothes to fit as tight or loose as they would if I picked a size and ordered based on their suggestion.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you go according to tag size then you'll most likely get a garment which is too big for you. In other words, Q is vanity sized.  But if you go by the garment measurement charts then you might get one to fit you, that is if that chart is true to size.

@SilleeMee 

I also would never go by the size ... only the measurements guide.  They can vary, and let's not forget the Fitted, Semi-fitted and Relaxed variable.  Plus, we often have preferences with how we like certain garments to fit.

Vanity sizing isn't unique to QVC.  Years ago, I had several St John Knit suits.  My regular size was 8, but the St John suits at size 4 were a perfect fit.   Size 8 was much too large.

Esteemed Contributor

Hit or miss for me.  But I always hope that in the case of a jacket or coat that there will be enoiugh room since it usually goes over something.  So far no problem.