Respected Contributor

Hi, Big Sister, About an hour ago, the site was very slow to load a reply to the "cat litter" thread and also to load a revision when I thought of something to add to the post.  It seems to be all right now, however,

Honored Contributor

I

@chickenbutt wrote:

Yup, worse than usual.  I just got here and had problems even doing anything beyond logging in with both Chrome and IE.

I wish they would listen.  There are some sort of script errors on THEIR end that need to be handled.    

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I would agree that the abundance of huge pics and gifs (probably especially the gifs in this case) are just making the problems exponentially worse.

If they would fix the problems on their end, the pics would not be problematic because they aren't the problem.  The internal script problem is the proximate cause of the slowness and browser window breaks.

Now, let's see if I can enter this through...

Shoekitty said

I post on the cat and dog forum.  I love pics, LOVE them, but they need to delete all but 50 or 100 pics at any time.  It is ridiculous to keep a 1000 pictures (or posts even) stored.  I am on 2  continuing threads, and think they should only store a couple hundred posts at one time.  There is no need to store 2000 old posts, jmho.  I never go back 2 years to check an old post.

However, if you think about it, QVC website is one photo after another.  It is just poor IT management .  I also realize this is a free site, but either maintain it or shut it down.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I'm a charter member of the 'if you're going to do it, do it right' club.  That's what is so frustrating for me.

I'm not saying to fire everybody but how about getting them some training so that they know how to lay code properly.   The thing with html and all of that stuff is that one little tiny wrong character messes up the whole thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

C/O -@shoekitty:::::

_____ dooBdoo______, I was with her earlier.

She KNOWS about the seriouly MALFUNTIONING. 

I have posted to the Mod_ C/O -> SUGGESTIONS.

To my knowledge, this or these issues have been the same as now, from last saturday's evening into night. 

As much as I can relay: everyone waits. I have no idea.

....."I am busy ( even though it's my free day ).....I have a great movie I wanted to see. 

I am sure `THEY` know and are possibly trying to regain systems up and running again. 

NAES

smile,Woman Wink this is not anything to become upset over- REALLY~

Honored Contributor

I don't think anybody else is getting 'all upset over' the problems with this website.  I don't see anybody else posting in all bolded screaming font. 

It's just a conversation about the problems people are having.

I'd think that they would want to know this stuff.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I'll post basically what I said in the "Suggestion Box" thread about this problem:

Wow, this is dreadful.  It took over a minute (that's a long time!) for the forum to load after I clicked on "Suggestion Box" and I ended up with a time-out error.  I'm on an iMac (Yosemite) trying Firefox, Chrome and Safari (all current versions).

This is the first I've tried reading or posting today.  The slow response time renders the site nearly unusable.  They might as well shut it down and at least try some kind of troubleshooting and repair.

I see this has been reported all day yet nothing has been done about it.

Yoo-hoo, @QVC_Team@Community_Team@Keyai?  Why is a fix taking so long?

Smiley

@dooBdoo.....

HelloHeart dooBdoo~

I posted in SUGGESTIONS, also.

You can go there and read. I believe it was short and sweet and to the point without taking up anyone's time.

I am okay (post very little) not having a community chat line, but for some it is a everyday 'thing'....-> and for those, that is great, especially for anyone who cannot get outside, crippled or personal reasons.

This is not your issue to worry about even though 'many are asking YOU'.

You do not work for qvc, nor is paid for what they have these Moderators for. 

WAIT and let the systems' manager work on this. We have absolutely  no idea why this would be happening. Rest and go back to what you were doing when you were not feeling so well. 

Hoping that this is a good day for you and that YOU are resting

NAES

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't think anybody else is getting 'all upset over' the problems with this website.  I don't see anybody else posting in all bolded screaming font. 

Shoekitty said

ITA CB.  Also, I think a poster on this thread needs to speak in complete, full sentences.  Hard to read between the lines, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

~~~

Hello there, if the bold is bothering you, I must tell you no one here, on my part, is "ALL upset".  I have or never had any intent to be ALL UPSET. 

I am on very seldom.   I was_ typing on a small notebook with one finger and hit the Impact because I know it's black, nothing else. I spoke to dooBdoo earlier

I have notified the Suggestion box, then posted to dooBdoo, I, too concisely any information from reading other's; the FYI as she did with the same ( I suppose) bold (from my geography...I have no way to work the notebook choosing smaller letters.

Actually no one is screaming and I feel that I have no reason to be explaining this to you. Go yourself and do a suggestion. I'm sure they want to know. Now,  I am on another pc belonging to someone else, so hope the smaller letters suffice with you reading?

Have a nicer day than minutes ago, I would apparently think. 

Let's all wait and not be impatient. I know many depend on these communications for whatever reasons. Smile~ I am.

ps: I will not argue so this is The End for me, to you. Thank you. It's life~

@chickenbutt wrote:

Honored Contributor

It has been/ is frustrating.........My best advice:  Do not buy/order another computer.  This site has been slow, not able to check the Program Guide, Items recently aired, etc. Also I have to sign in every single time.  I'm suggesting that folks should 'give up', forget about this site until tomorrow, enjoy your evening.  BTW, it's most likely going to be this way until Tuesday, as I have a feeling that all of the 'regulars' are away, and only substitutes are manning the site, if anyone at all.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

The only way to get any action from QVC is to call the office of the QVC president on Monday.  Customer service will give you that number.

Try Tuesday, Monday is Labor Day!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼