Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sister Wives Bombshell

[ Edited ]

While I certainly could never live it a situation like this, I think consenting adults can do whatever they like.

Having said that, I think ALL of these women have extremely low self esteem and I find Cody to be about the creepiest person ever, I just do not see the appeal in him at all.

I have watched this show only a handful of times so I am no where as near up on all the facts on this family like some posters here are. However, every single time I have watched this show at least 2 of the wives were crying or showing some sort of signs of depression. This show actually makes me sad to watch so I don't watch it anymore. I have seen some episodes since Robin joined the family and to me it seems like this one is the wife he really loves. He seems to have the biggest connection with her and from what I saw my opinion is that the other wives know this and feel this too.

I don't know of a happy woman who has any amount of confidence or self esteem that would be happy or satisfied sharing the person they love with even one other woman.

IMO this isn't a healthy situation at all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I just read in People.   Robyn is due January 7.

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I just read in People.   Robyn is due January 7.

******************************************************************************************************

Thx.  I wonder if it'll be another 10 pounder like the last one.  She was really "showing" the other night.  IMO, none of them looked happy.  They all seem to have their own problems.  Kody is oblivious to it all.  He's just a big, happy kid.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I've never watched, just caught bits and pieces here and there. That guy just totally skeeves me out, yuck!!

Honored Contributor

I am not LDS, but a very dear friend is, and believe me this fringe group is not accepted. She has shared her view many times.  That said, I don't believe in my heart that this group is as scriptually bound as they say.  I agree with Irish and Noel here.  There are other issues at the core.  Low self esteem, depression and escapism are at the heart.  Many children from these groups have many issues, and escape and choose another life style.  Although, I think a woman who has attachment idsorders, and just wants a home and and a family might find themselves at home.

But the real fact here is it is not me, or my life.  My opinions are not a factor in their lives!

Esteemed Contributor

These women are all being manipulated and allowing it.

Esteemed Contributor

"Low esteen, depression and escapism" plus morbid obesity.  These women are desperately looking for a "man" to find them attractive.  Well, now they have Kody.  The only one who is not obese is Robyn and she probably hasn't got the fat cells the others have, so maybe she'll never be as large as the others, but she'll be the bossy one.  They all sound like they like to "boss" him around but I think they are all very needy.

Robyn got lucky and found a cash cow in Kody.  Don't beat me up too much on this one but this is the way I feel.  There is only one legal marriage, so the others are just sleeping with him and having kids.  I like them all but I guess I'll never understand this type of living arrangement.  They don't have any of his benefits, eg: insurance, etc., so all they have is his last name.  I suppose they can all apply for government assistance and maybe they are.  We still don't know what Kody does for a living.

Esteemed Contributor

What I'm curious about is how they got financing to have 4 homes built. The one blonde is the only one with a real job from what I can tell. I don't think I've ever heard mention that Kody has a job.  He seems to live as a kept man. Robyn now is his "legal" wife and as said a few shows ago if something happens to him, she is responsible for all of them. IMO none of the women seem happy - and yet, weren't they all raised this way? I do think some of the kids have issues, social and otherwise. Also, I think Robyn is a bit whiny and puts on a good show - she got exactly what she wanted.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I am not LDS, but a very dear friend is, and believe me this fringe group is not accepted. She has shared her view many times.  That said, I don't believe in my heart that this group is as scriptually bound as they say.  I agree with Irish and Noel here.  There are other issues at the core.  Low self esteem, depression and escapism are at the heart.  Many children from these groups have many issues, and escape and choose another life style.  Although, I think a woman who has attachment idsorders, and just wants a home and and a family might find themselves at home.

But the real fact here is it is not me, or my life.  My opinions are not a factor in their lives!

As it worked out for us, we now have a HUGE extended LDS family and we love them all.  The family feeling is wonderful, even their in-laws see us as part of the family.

We also have Jewish family and Catholic family.  With Buddhist close friends, we are pretty universal Smiley Happy

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor
I don't watch this show but it's obvious to me that she and those other women are so desperate for a man that they'll share one.
jmo