Honored Contributor

Re: Sirius XM radio - new station

Beach Boys are on 004.  I thought it was just for Memorial Day Weekend, but it's good to know it's all summer.  I've been enjoying it as well.

I also am enjoying Fleetwood Mac on 030.  I believe that ends 5/31.

These "vanity channels" as I call them, usually have a nice mix of content.  I know the Fleetwood Mac channel is playing influences as well as their music.  Garth plays a variety of stuff, not just his stuff.  The Garth Channel reminds me of radio I grew up with where they played everything across the spectrum, not just "country."

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

Interesting - at our house,  MY car has the Sirius - and I love it.   DH removed it from his auto.   Sirius is rather expensive, but, dispite  "discussions," do not want to give it up and eventually pay for another year.    Thank you for sharing

Honored Contributor

My new car came with a 3 month trial and I resisted using it the first month and then I cracked and tried it.

I was good and let the trial end without re-signing.

I lasted 4 months.  I took a 5 hour car trip and going was fine but coming back was killer.  I signed up the day I returned home.

I got a deal for 13 months for $99 I think.

I'm told you can re-negotiate when your subscription is up.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I always enjoyed having it in my rental cars when I traveled for work.  It was a  nice perk.  But since my trips were a only 1-3 days, I didn't get hooked on it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

Channel 4 is one of those stations that quite often changes the style of music.  Right now it is the Beach Boys, but it has showcased many other artists.  I know that Pitbull was on there for almost a year (maybe more), but I think that it is unusual for any artist to be highlighted for that long.

he has his own somewhere,

they gave me a couple of free weeks recently, but I like my spotify now 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

My new car came with a 3 month trial and I resisted using it the first month and then I cracked and tried it.

I lasted 4 months.  I took a 5 hour car trip and going was fine but coming back was killer.  I signed up the day I returned home.

yes I keep getting emails  6 months for $30 

but as I said up thread,   I have spotify ATM and I am not paying for 2 radio streamers 

you let Sirius go for long enough you can get it down to a price you are comfortable with 

Respected Contributor

Yes, the longer you can hold out without subscribing, the better the offers get, LOL.  I was going through a period of intense budgeting a few years back and could not justify the expense.  The smooth jazz station on "free" radio stopped broadcasting and I really missed it.  Finally I caved and accepted Sirius' offer of something like 6 months for $20.  Since my car was set up for it they were able to turn it on remotely and when I got in my car to drive home from work that day, it was on!  I was so happy, I decided that it was my one luxury and I haven't regretted it.  My only gripe would be that I notice their playlists are pretty limited on each channel, and they seem to update them maybe every 6 months or so.  The music can get into a "rut" at times.  But, they always have plenty of channels to change it up!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

————————————————

This is my story too, except that I caved right before my trial ended. I got a good deal too, would not pay the full price but I love it as I do a lot of driving. I do wish there were some better classical music choices. At home I love Pandora and use Amazon Music playlists at the gym.  This is one way that technology has enriched my life greatly 😀.

Honored Contributor

My favorite station I mostly listen to is Entertainment Weekly.

I listen to some music but I mostly like talk radio but specific stations.

Honored Contributor

I think it's a DJ on the 70's channel that people call in from all over the country (road tripping) and he asks them where they're at and doesn't matter if it's east coast, west coast or somewhere in between---he knows every flipping intersection and 5 and dime store.

Wonder if they screen the calls beforehand, and during the song playing, he looks up info so he's fully loaded with trivia and local attractions of his caller?

Says his mom gave him a Rand McNally map every year, but do they show billboards and such on a map?  No.