Honored Contributor

Every December  we get the new bill for $250 for 12 months of service.

....and I to have to call and threaten to cancel unless they bring the price down to half that..it takes about a half hour of back and forth....being transferred....etc....and they always find a way....

I dread the yearly bill and having to go through the rigamroll dance to get my bill down😡

my Husband enjoys it in his car...but now retired we are hardly ever in the car listening. I can not see paying full price....call me cheap😄

Super Contributor

Re: Sirius FM Radio yearly bill

Totally agree! I finally canceled because I got so sick of making that call! I could usually get the price down to about eight dollars a month, but it was just such an annoying way to do business. I spent more time listening to audiobooks or podcast these days anyway.

Respected Contributor

I always make a note on my calendar to call a week before the expiration and tell them I am cancelling..,,then they magically offer me the same reduced rate I was paying for another 6 months!  It's about 15 minutes on the phone, but they are pleasant about it and I enjoy the music.

Honored Contributor

We bought 2 vehicles that came with free Sirius for a year, but when it expired we didn't renew.

I never listen to the radio, too much talk, I personally prefer to play CD's and choose/play the music that I like.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden @GusMo 

Yes. Rethinking this too since I am not driving 75 miles a day to work now that I am retired.

Someone just told me they pay less than I do.

Think I need to make that call.

How much do they reduce it? Call customer service? Please advise. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I always make a note on my calendar to call a week before the expiration and tell them I am cancelling..,,then they magically offer me the same reduced rate I was paying for another 6 months!  It's about 15 minutes on the phone, but they are pleasant about it and I enjoy the music.

@alicedee  I called a month before expiration and it was not magical for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zaimee  I called the CS number on the bill sent in the mail. Tell them exactly what you told me...that you will only pay half that amount no more( or whatever figure you come up with). Maybe it will be easy for you.

It seems to be an Indian call center...they have very strong accents...hard to understand....but,  they are very pleasant and  courteous. 

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Thanks for prompt reply. I do not get a bill, autopay. I will find number. Worth a try. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@alicedee  I called a month before expiration and it was not magical for me.

I'm sorry you had such a bad time with them.  🙁

Respected Contributor

DH gets it for 6 months each year. He uses it in his vette from April through September. Every year he has to remind them its only 6 months and they tell him they can’t do that and he tells them then he doesn’t want the service and they change their story and allow him to do it. Every year same thing. What a hassle.