Respected Contributor

Re: Sirhan Sirhan

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Charles Manson had an ideological motive for the crimes he directed his followers to commit.

Both murderers should stay in prison where they belong.

Charles Manson is dead.

Whoops! LOL Thank you @mom2four0418.

I am not going to remove that. I'm just going to leave it there in it's wrongness, as a warning to all of the dangers of not checking on facts you aren't sure of.

"Charles Manson, (born November 12, 1934, Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.—died November 19, 2017, Kern county, California), American criminal and cult leader whose followers carried out several notorious murders in the late 1960s."

Clearly he never got parole.

Clearly! 😉

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Cakers3 - My apologies.  I should've split part of my post into a separate one, instead of wrapping it all up together, as I was giving my view of some of the things that have been mentioned in this thread (I've read them all).

However, as to the "age factor", it was cited by the parole board as a reason for granting his release.  I don't believe it should be and there are other cases out there to show it shouldn't be, but that's JMO.

Have a great day!

@Venezia   It's all good. Woman Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Charles Manson had an ideological motive for the crimes he directed his followers to commit.

Charles Manson is dead.

I am not going to remove that. I'm just going to leave it there in it's wrongness, as a warning to all of the dangers of not checking on facts you aren't sure of.

"Charles Manson, (born November 12, 1934, Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.—died November 19, 2017, Kern county, California), American criminal and cult leader whose followers carried out several notorious murders in the late 1960s."

But was he ever up for parole?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Charles Manson is dead.

@Anonymous032819- Yes. 12 times.

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Charles Manson is dead.

@Anonymous032819- Yes. 12 times.

And the Parole board was smart enough to not let him out.

Just like they won't let Sirhan out.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

They never should be letting him out.   What I have heard was he killed Robert Kennedy because of his support for Israel. I wonder who he will kill next for the same reason.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sirhan Sirhan is innocent.

Honored Contributor

Ethel Kennedy issued a statement today opposing Sirhan's parole.

Six of her children also oppose it.  I think Ethel's wishes will carry great weight about the final decision whether to parole him or not.

Source:today's NY Post.