Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Look at how many times Manson was up for parole.

Did he ever get released?

No, he did not.

Charles Manson never even came close to the current status of Sirhan Sirhan. 

Point is, did Manson ever  go up for parole?

Yes he did.

Was he paroled?

NO, he wasn't, was he?

Why?

Because the powers that be knew that the public wouldn't tolerate his being released.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Chessa35 wrote:

I wonder how Ethel feels about his release  !

@Chessa35   Do not think Ethel feels much at this point?

Really? What makes you say that?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I honestly thought that Ethel had passed away.

Nope, I was wrong. She's still with us at age 93.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

My questions are if he is released where will he go, most likely his immediate family are dead and the young members of his family dont even know him and where are they living, and at 77 how will he make a living?

In addition with the changes in the world he will be at a loss on how to live in the modern, techo world.

IMHO he should never be released.

His brother resides in Los Angeles, he's scheduled to go to his brother's home.  He does have family.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

He not only murdered RFK in cold blood (shot once in the head and twice in the back), he also wounded five innocent bystanders, including a teenager.

Life should mean life, no matter who the victim is, for a pre-meditated crime like this.  (If California law hadn't been changed after this occurred, he would've faced the death penalty.)

The reason RFK's sons supported his parole is their belief that it was a second gunman who shot their father.  Well, sorry, it's all there on film.  If they can't see what's in front of them, there are plenty of others who can; who remember that day captured live on tv.  And he admitted his guilt - but I guess that's not enough?

I hope at the very least he will be deported.  He is not an American citizen.

@Venezia, Absolutely agree with your well stated position.  This was a planned and calculated crime of hatred.  No matter the social standing of a victim.  My state has abolished the death penalty, which I support.  But, in turn, the expectation is that such a perpetrator will live out their life in prison.  

@PamfromCT @Venezia 

That is not accurate.  The audio of the shooting is heard but the film only captured the aftermath, the image we see with RFK on the floor.

SIrhan Sirhan was not captured on tape shooting RFK unlike when Jack Ruby shot Oswald.

The conspiracy arose out of the fact that RFK was in the pantry and the shooting was only heard on audio tape but not seen.

I am not justifying why two of his children feel others were involved but that is why they believe others were involved.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

In the old days, you were hanged for murder.  Now it's life in prison.......oh wait, I guess you can be paroled now................So life doesn't mean anything?

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

No, he did not.

Yes he did.

Was he paroled?

NO, he wasn't, was he?

Why?

Because the powers that be knew that the public wouldn't tolerate his being released.

Charles Manson was a deranged, dangerous serial killer, who was never going to be released from prison.  His last parole hearing was in 2012, and he didn't even show up for it. Prosecutors and family members of the victims were present at all of his parole hearings. The prosecutors in Sirhan's latest parole hearing did not present an opposition to his being released. 

No one knows absolutely what the final outcome will be. 

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

In the old days, you were hanged for murder.  Now it's life in prison.......oh wait, I guess you can be paroled now................So life doesn't mean anything?

In the "old days" people were hanged without even being tried in a court of law, based on who they were. 

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I feel if you take a life you have forfeited yours, especially something as brutal as this.  That little bag of garbage changed the trajectory of American government with this murder. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

No, he did not.

Yes he did.

Was he paroled?

NO, he wasn't, was he?

Why?

Charles Manson was a deranged, dangerous serial killer, who was never going to be released from prison.  His last parole hearing was in 2012, and he didn't even show up for it. Prosecutors and family members of the victims were present at all of his parole hearings. The prosecutors in Sirhan's latest parole hearing did not present an opposition to his being released. 

No one knows absolutely what the final outcome will be. 

Did he get paroled?

Was he released from prison?

No, he wasn't, was he?

Why?

Because families spoke out against is release.

The parole board knew that the families and the public didn't want him released.

Sirhan Sirhan has the majority of the Kennedy family who want him to stay in prison.

You have the public who want him to stay in prison.

Do you really think that they want a **** storm on their hands by releasing him?

No, they don't, and they know that's what would happen if they released him.

That's why I am confident that they won't release him.