Esteemed Contributor

It would be a lot cheaper to just buy a tape measure.

Honored Contributor

Sir Richard has a "title" that the others will never get...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Sir Richard Branson will always hold the title of "coolest billionaire" imho.  Cat Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Super Contributor

Re: Sir Richard Branson

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Sir Richard Branson will always hold the title of "coolest billionaire" imho.  Cat Tongue

I know a few "cool" people who are not billionaires that do so much more for others.

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Bezos had an interesting shape, to say the least.

Yes! Have you noticed the Amazon logo? Take a look.....

Honored Contributor

@bcherry01 wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I know a few "cool" people who are not billionaires that do so much more for others.

@bcherry01   That's nice but Sir Richard Branson actually started his first charity when he was only 17 years old.

His philanthropy is quite impressive including his recent $3 Billion over the next 10 years from profits from his travel firms to combat climate change.

One could say he "should" because of his billions but shouldn't we all give a little?

Besides, how can you do much more if you are not a billionaire?  That statement is illogical.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

"Named after America’s first astronaut, Blue Origin’s New Shepard rocket soared on the 52nd anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, a date chosen by Bezos for its historical significance. He held fast to it, even as Virgin Galactic’s Richard Branson pushed up his own flight from New Mexico in the race for space tourist dollars and beat him to space by nine days."

Honored Contributor

I'm all for it.  As a NASA commentator mentioned, "they each have their own end game."  And those end games could benefit society as a whole, whether they're something we, as individuals, like or not.

Honored Contributor

We thought that whole thing was pretty impressive.  I so miss the space exploration stories we use to get in the news.  I mean it blows the mind when you know all they have to go through no matter what their jobs were in the whole process.  So impressive.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I'll bet he's sitting somewhere, softly singing to himself, "I did it first; I did it first". Robot wink

@GoneButNotForgotten  and Bezos is now singing I went higher.  Pretty expensive toys these boys are playing with.

"so true! it seems the male of our species has an in-born need to compete and it lasts till their dying day".

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Not all of us. Done a lot of different types of competitions, but believe me it was not "in-born". Heck, I was 16 before my first auto racing competition.

Have to admit, even last year at 81, I did race an 18 year old kid for 2 laps at the ice rink. He gave up after a little after the 1st lap. Till my dying day?  Hmm!

=^..^=

hckynut  

hckynut(john)