Esteemed Contributor

Paul McCartney....

Trusted Contributor

When I was a wee young thing, the ouija board said I was going to marry Paul McCartney (that was even before he was a Sir).  Guess the darn ouija board was wrong,

Honored Contributor

are Re: Sir Paul Coming to Town

We are seeing him 9/11.  Last August we saw him at an outdoor venue.  Fireworks  were a big part of his finale so wonder how the concert will change indoors.

Sir Paul played non-stop (no intermission) for about 3 hours. 

Honored Contributor

Re: are Re: Sir Paul Coming to Town

@lulu2 wrote:

We are seeing him 9/11.  Last August we saw him at an outdoor venue.  Fireworks  were a big part of his finale so wonder how the concert will change indoors.

Sir Paul played non-stop (no intermission) for about 3 hours. 

@lulu2

We saw him in the same venue a few years ago. No fireworks in this indoor hockey/basketball, and it was also the facility with the pools for the Qualifying for the last 2  Olympics, with Phelps and some of the other great swimmers.

Think it has about a 20,000 capacity, think that might be including standing, not that many seats, not sure. I honestly do not remember the finale, I just remember it was a great show. Looking forward to the show, but not all those swarming humans. Our seats look pretty good, but can't really tell till the building is set up for his concerts.

Glad you got to see him and his great show.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Lucky for your wife! Paul is the only one (as in musicians/bands) that I haven't seen and want to see. I am a Beatles fan too since the first time I saw them on Ed Sullivan! I finally saw Ringo last Summer with my husband and granddaughter (she loves the Beatles too). It was "one of" the best days of my life. I hope to see Paul too some day soon. My brother saw him a few years ago and called me from the concert while he sang Yesterday so I could listen in. I actually cried when I heard Paul singing over the phone. (lol). Have fun and let us know how it is then. I know it will be magnificent!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

In the early 90's my husband took me to see a Paul McCartney concert as a Mother's Day gift shortly after our child was born. His wife Linda was there and Wings(?). Honestly, it was the 2nd most important experience in my life. The first was the birth of my child. I don't even think I'm exaggerating. Enjoy the concert.

Esteemed Contributor

i have seen Sr.Paul twice in my life and they are still 2 of the most important days In my life, btw my favorite Beatles song!  I sW him when I was living in Berlin Germany many years ago with the wings across America tour.  I had to keep pinching myself.   The best concert ever!!!  Then my husbsnd and I saw him at an outdoor venue ,  a few years ago .   It was a warm summer night,  starry skies and Sr. Paul ...it was surreal ,  he sounded just as good ,  never took a break ,  played 45 mins past the time ,  just perfect. It was my bday present from hubby , e pensive ,  but what price can you put on a memory such and that .  I would love to see him once more ,  he is my all time favorite and alwAys will be!  IMO there is no one that comes close!   Love Paul Forever!!!  Cat Happy

Regular Contributor

Hey John! I'm not around here much anymore, but you know I HAD to chime in on your post!!  Paul will be in Detroit on Oct 1&2, and of course I'll be front and center! This will be my 27th time seeing him and my 25th sound check.

I'm so happy you and Cindy will have another chance to see him-he is the best and truly loves his fans!

Enjoy your MACCA experience-cant' wait to hear all about it! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Brian Setzer very GREAT!!!   Paulie!!!!!  No words too describe how this man and his music (along with The Beatles) of course has enriched my life.  I equate every life event to two things.  !) What Beatle album was out out the time and 2) What dog did I have?   I do not care that Paul at almost 75 is still doing what he loves most.  I believe he is doing it for us too.  He along with Eric Clapton....oh I could go on and on......I do believe I can't say enough though.