Honored Contributor

My wife has always loved this guy going back to the start of the Beatles craz. She even went to England, I think to see  concert by them.

Paul was here 7-8 years ago, I think, and we did go to his concert. The man really puts on a great show for his audience of mostly his fans. Been to a lot of concerts, but never 1 where the main artist never left the stage in the over 2 hour show.

Well Sir Paul will be performing here on July 23, 2017, and I bought my wife a ticket to the concert, along with one for myself. Told her it was her 2nd birthday present, belated from March. His music is great, but I just ain't one for 20,000 people crowds anymore.

Not many I would go to see with those kind of crowds, but for the "love of my wife's life, Sir Paul"? Going anyways and will enjoy it in spite of so danged many people in one building.

I think she is already marking off the days. Now if the Brian Setzer Orchestra would come to town? I would snap those tickets up in a second.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut  That was a sweet thing you did for your wife.  I'm sure it's you who is the love of her life.  Sir Paul is just fluff.  We'll expect a full report after the event. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut, I can say that every time I have seen Bruce Springsteen, he does not leave the stage until the show is over.  The last time I saw Bruce, the stadium had to turn the lights on in an attempt to get him off the stage.  Yes, he wrapped it up and left before they cut the mics and speakers as he was already more than an hour over the designated end time.  It was at Wrigley Field, and in agreement with the City of Chicago and neighborhood groups and the city, they have a time at which the concerts are contracturally supposed to end.  

Enjoy Sir Paul!  He is 75 and still going strong!  I remember seeing him in concert with those other guys he used to work with Woman Wink... John, George and Ringo in 1965!

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@hckynut, I can say that every time I have seen Bruce Springsteen, he does not leave the stage until the show is over.  The last time I saw Bruce, the stadium had to turn the lights on in an attempt to get him off the stage.  Yes, he wrapped it up and left before they cut the mics and speakers as he was already more than an hour over the designated end time.  It was at Wrigley Field, and in agreement with the City of Chicago and neighborhood groups and the city, they have a time at which the concerts are contracturally supposed to end.  

Enjoy Sir Paul!  He is 75 and still going strong!  I remember seeing him in concert with those other guys he used to work with Woman Wink... John, George and Ringo in 1965!

@Trix Oh I would have given anything to have seen The Beatles! I can remember being so jealous of my friend who went in 1966 with her family. Her dad was in the music business and he got tickets for free!

So I never did see them but over the years I did see Paul before he became a "sir" with the "Wings over America " tour and again more recently.  I saw George in the "Dark horse" tour. So I saw half The Beatles. Smiley Happy  Would love to see Paul again. He puts on an amazing show!

i agree about Springsteen. He also puts on an amazing show! Plays for hours nonstop....where does he get his energy?! He also looks fantastic for his age.

i can remember when it wasn't all that difficult to get tickets to see a lot of big artists. Now they make you jump through hoops to obtain an outrageously priced ticket!

@hckynut What a nice thing to do for your wife!

Esteemed Contributor

That's lovely.

Funny, I just heard a circa 1970 song of his, from his very first solo album.  The song is called "Be With You" and it is a very sweet love song.  I remembered it after all these years, and downloaded it and have been listening to it often.  I tuned my Pandora radio to "Paul McCartney".

He's a gifted songwriter and his voice is very nice.

Have fun (I know what you mean about crowds).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

My wife has always loved this guy going back to the start of the Beatles craz. She even went to England, I think to see  concert by them.

Paul was here 7-8 years ago, I think, and we did go to his concert. The man really puts on a great show for his audience of mostly his fans. Been to a lot of concerts, but never 1 where the main artist never left the stage in the over 2 hour show.

Well Sir Paul will be performing here on July 23, 2017, and I bought my wife a ticket to the concert, along with one for myself. Told her it was her 2nd birthday present, belated from March. His music is great, but I just ain't one for 20,000 people crowds anymore.

Not many I would go to see with those kind of crowds, but for the "love of my wife's life, Sir Paul"? Going anyways and will enjoy it in spite of so danged many people in one building.

I think she is already marking off the days. Now if the Brian Setzer Orchestra would come to town? I would snap those tickets up in a second.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

I'm with your wife on this!  I had a major crush on Paul from day one!  My husband and I are huge Beatle fans and we both lament the fact that we never got to see the whole band together!  Several years ago when Paul came to our town, he said, we need to go.  I was fussing about the price of the tickets but I was so glad we went!  I actually started to tear up when he walked on stage!  It was such an emotional experience for me --- to actually see and hear this man --- my major crush from so long ago!   And also --- the fact that he was a member of the most momentous and --- in my opinion --- important ---- band in history --- this was just overwhelming to me!

And yes --- you are right --- he puts on a tremendous show.  Never stopping or leaving the stage --- something practically unheard of!  And performers and/or bands half his age don't seem to be able to do this or exhibit even half of his energy --- or talent!

I think it's wonderful that you are doing this for your lovely wife --- even though the crowd thing is out of your comfort zone!  I also hate crowds but I would do it again in a heartbeat!  And as my husband says --- it's making memories!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I saw him twice at Madison Square Garden and Citifield in NY, but I'm with you, John. HATE large crowds -- even small crowds, but I figured this could be the last time he'll be around, so off I go. Oh, my delicate ears also can't tolerate the sound level so I have to wear headphones. Earplugs aren't good enough.

Honored Contributor

One off the best shows we ever saw was Sir Paul at Yankee Stadium, it was a perfect Summer night, I bought tickets from Stub Hub and wow we lucked out, we were in the Delta Sky box, we had seats but there were also tables and chairs a great way to see a show.

I agree about Springsteen, I have seen him 10+ times each concert is 3 + hours  and filled will songs the audience knows

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Image result for enjoy word images

Valued Contributor

At the grocery store checkout, saw a magazine commemorating Sir Paul's 75th birthday next month Smiley Happy