Honored Contributor

Re: Singing the praises of our younger generation

I watched those FL kids on the morning shows today and I was so impressed. I never had kids but I still feel all the things in my heart, I think I do-to the extent that I can. My heart breaks for them, and I am so proud of them. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Our young people can teach us so much.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

The slaughter of 17 children is fresh on our minds.  We are seeing their beautiful faces on various news stations.

This may be just my humble opinion, but I am shocked that anyone would use this thread to complain about America's young people.

@Noel7  No need to feel humble about it.  I agree with you and sure as shoot my opinion is not humble about it.

An insult to all parents/grandparents here who stood firm in our/their discipline, who said "no" when other parents were saying "yes", who taught about consequences for actions and most of all who watch our grown children instilling the same values in their own children.

I owe no one here a defense of my DS and my grandchildren; those who only see the negative in our young people are not capable of seeing the good in any person.

Hammer and nail and all that.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3

I wasn't going to say anything but I kept thinking of all those brave young people, and so many other young people I know about who are already dedicated to making the world a better place. 

I am so tired of reading posts attacking young people as a group.

Honored Contributor

I started this thread in defense of the young people  because a really ugly one was posted by someone. It got taken down

I posted that I admired them, and I wanted people to be able to see why.

It is sad some people couldn't just allow it to stand ,without jumping in to  sling mud