Regular Contributor

Re: Singer Vic Damone Dies At Age 89

He was married at one time to the twin sister Pier Angeli. 

Honored Contributor

He was known as 'the singer's singer.'

Honored Contributor

wrote:

He was known as 'the singer's singer.'

@Judaline

Yes.  Frank Sinatra once said he had "the best pipes in the business."

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

With all these well know people passing away lately... it just makes one think.... the older I get....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tony Bennett is the only one left.

I remember sitting at a table in a pizza place we used to go to for lunch, I was in Junior High, and he was singing "Rags to Riches" via the juke box.

I am now 80 and he's still going strong.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@drizzellla

wrote:

My Mom used to play Vic Damone's albums all the time. Her favorite singers were Vic Damone and Mario Lanza. So we would hear them frequently.

He had a beautiful voice.

OMG, I loved Mario Lanka.  Still have his 78 vinyl.  Your Mom must be around my age.

I make sure I watch all Mario Lanza's movies - there aren't that many. The Student Prince was on TCM last week. He wasn't on but at least he sang all the songs. I still like listening to both of them.

My Mom would have been 100 next year. Her brother lived to be a lively and bright 100 year old man but unfortunately she did not.