Honored Contributor

Re: Singer Vic Damone Dies At Age 89

@piperbay, oh my gosh did he sing that.  I just knew the song from My Fair Lady movie. I use to sing that when I was first married and my husband asked me at the time to teach him that song.  That's a way back moment.

Respected Contributor

Hi, @Sweet_Serenity!  I did not know what he looked like.  I only remember on the radio when I was a tot, the announcer saying, Vic Damone for Copper Tone!  Then the song would come on.  I did not know he died.  I'm sorry.  RIP Mr. Vic Damone. XXXOOO

Honored Contributor

My Mom used to play Vic Damone's albums all the time. Her favorite singers were Vic Damone and Mario Lanza. So we would hear them frequently.

He had a beautiful voice.

Super Contributor

Google him and read Wikipedia.  He had quite a life and 4 marriages.  I remember when he married Pier Angeli.  The man did have a good voice.  RIP

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Esteemed Contributor

Vic Damone was one of the best, we are so lucky to be able to listen to his beautiful voice even though he is gone.  Rest in Peace Victor Damone. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@twinsister Sorry I don’t remember the street.It’s been 20 years since I’ve been there.DH is out of town on business. I’ll ask him when he gets home.Perhaps he’ll remember since he did the driving.

I do remember it was a corner property with a beautiful white gate.The house took over a year to build.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ - Thanks - I was just curious.  I'm trying to picture some of the corner houses and I do remember one with a white gate.  Who knew I had a celebrity living close by - LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@twinsisterwrote:

@NicksmomESQ - Thanks - I was just curious.  I'm trying to picture some of the corner houses and I do remember one with a white gate.  Who knew I had a celebrity living close by - LOL!!

@twinsisterIt's surprising to see who lives nearby.  Not really a celebrity but a QVC vendor...I found our recently that Mally lives only a mile or so from me.  I was very surprised.  For some reason I thought she lived out in CA.

Esteemed Contributor

@piperbay

wrote:

Franks Sinatra said he had "best pipes in the business".  I got the chance to see him in 1992  at a small venue. He was excellent, just like listening to an album of his. One of my favorite songs of his was "On the Street where you Live".

I saw him in Vegas in the 60,s.  He was good, but I thought Sinatra favored Tony Bennett.  All the great ones close to my age are gone.  RIP

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla

wrote:

My Mom used to play Vic Damone's albums all the time. Her favorite singers were Vic Damone and Mario Lanza. So we would hear them frequently.

He had a beautiful voice.

OMG, I loved Mario Lanka.  Still have his 78 vinyl.  Your Mom must be around my age.