Esteemed Contributor

I know that a lot of people don't care for her, but she is a troubled soul, who has had her share of demons to fight.

If I recall correctly, she has been diagnosed as bi-polar, and it was said that she has recently gone off her medications.

She was last seen yesterday, at around 6 a.m. when she didn't return from a bike ride. 

The Wilmette, IL police are looking for her.

I hope that she is found safe and sound, and gets the help that she so desperatly needs.

My fear is, that she may have gone somewhere to committ suicide.

I hope that I am wrong.

Like her, love her, or hate her, she still has a family that loves her and is worried about her.

http://wwhttp://www.cnn.com/2016/05/16/entertainment/sinead-oconnor-missing/index.htmlw.cnn.com/2016...

Honored Contributor

Re: Sinead O'Connor Is Missing

I hope they find her and that she is ok.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

She just accused Arsenio Hall of providing drugs to Prince - maybe she's hiding from the authorities. 

Honored Contributor

I hope she is found and gets whatever help she needs. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She has been found at a local hotel and is in a hospital according to a report on WGN .

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, she just accused Arsinio of supplying drugs to Prince, but in this great country of ours, anyone can accuse anybody of anything.

I think she is having a mental breakdown, and her accusing A.H. was part of that breakdown.

Now she can't be found, and people are worried that she might kill herself.

My heart goes out to those who suffer from mental illness.

From what I understand, and I could very easily be wrong, and if I am, someone please correct me, but it's a delicate balance trying to find the right medications, in the right doses to help treat mental illness, and just because the right meds and dose works today, doesn't mean that they will still be effective next year.

But as I said, I could be wrong about that.

I still hope and pray that she will be found safe, and get the help that she so desperately needs.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

She just accused Arsenio Hall of providing drugs to Prince - maybe she's hiding from the authorities. 

I would too!

"Arsenio Hall has filed a defamation lawsuit against Sinead.  The suit, filed in Los Angeles Thursday, is seeking damages of at least $5 million"

Arsenio Hall Sues Sinead O'Connor Over Prince Drug Claims

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

It is illegal to allow someone to use their perscription medication but if someone had pain pills and saw their friend suffering wouldn't they offer them some?  Of course a celebrity would out and out deny it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

She has been found at a local hotel and is in a hospital according to a report on WGN .

Oh, good!

Honored Contributor

Honestly? I don't feel any more/extra concern for her than if she were a 'missing' person anywhere whom I had never heard of. The fact that "X (being someone whose name pops up in the news) is missing" doesn't affect me because they are "X."

I also tend not to feel "extra" sorry for those with "troubled pasts" or mental health issues when they have sort of lived their career getting off the hook because of those issues. I don't mean the OP, but rather the Media who makes these things known & gives people a pass, like Susan Boyle.

Those who suffer bi-polar disorder very, very often go off their medications quite wilfully. I might feel sorry for their loved ones in this, but as for their own behavior, they made the decision - and unless courts decide they are so impaired they need to be institutionalized, it is their decision to stop taking their meds. I can't feel sorry at that point.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all