Valued Contributor

Since High School graduation is cancelled in many states

What kind of cards are being sent to the students

Respected Contributor

Re: Since High School graduation is cancelled in many states

If they are graduating, just not having a ceremony, send a regular graduation card.

Honored Contributor

Probably none.  Who wants to look through cards at the store that have already been touched by so many people.  And who wants to receive them?

I guess you could take one home and wipe it down, then mail.

Valued Contributor

I thought that, thanks for your help.

Respected Contributor

Probably none. In Michigan, the areas of stores that sell non-essential items, such as cards, are roped/taped/blocked off so that you can't even access them. I was in Target yesterday and the only items you could get to were groceries, household cleaning supplies and the pharmacy/OTC area. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

What kind of cards are being sent to the students

A family across the street from me have a high school senior and a college graduate. I am just going to send them a hand-written note along with an Amazon gift card. They see that I have only left my home twice in the last month. They are very appreciative young men and I am sure they will be pleased with no traditional card this year.  

Trusted Contributor

@jpie, I think a handwritten note would be very much appreciated, even more than a card.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My nephew will be a college graduate as of May.  He was hired last year to start his career as an IT engineer at the company's headquarters in June.  In March, he notified his new employer that his university career counselor said that it looked doubtful that classes would resume before the end of the semester.  They contacted him 3 weeks ago to ask if he would agree to start working from home this month.  

Since he is already an official employee, I decided to just send his graduation gift, with a hand-written note,  to his home now.  He will soon receive a black Coach leather briefcase via UPS.  I hope he likes it.  I'm a very proud aunt.  

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Probably none.  Who wants to look through cards at the store that have already been touched by so many people.  And who wants to receive them?

I guess you could take one home and wipe it down, then mail.

Try Amazon, they sell cards...

Honored Contributor

My oldest granddaughter is supposed to graduate from HS this year...no ceremony, but I will send her a card with cash.  She deserves it and worked so hard to achieve her goals.

I hope these students aren't forgotten just because there will be no formal ceremony.