Super Contributor

Re: Since High School graduation is cancelled in many states

While I was waiting to have an MRI last Friday I saw the funniest graduation ceremony on the TV.  The Dean was at a podium and someone was reading the names slowly.  As each name was read a robot with a laptop with the graduates picture zipped across the stage to the Dean who shook the robot's arm!  There were 6 robots continuously circling.  I don't know where it was but I thought it was hilarious. 

Honored Contributor

If you know the person graduated then send a graduation card with monetary gift.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Send a graduation card.  Even though the ceremony is canceled or postponed, they're still getting a diploma. 

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

My nephew will be a college graduate as of May.  He was hired last year to start his career as an IT engineer at the company's headquarters in June.  In March, he notified his new employer that his university career counselor said that it looked doubtful that classes would resume before the end of the semester.  They contacted him 3 weeks ago to ask if he would agree to start working from home this month.  

Since he is already an official employee, I decided to just send his graduation gift, with a hand-written note,  to his home now.  He will soon receive a black Coach leather briefcase via UPS.  I hope he likes it.  I'm a very proud aunt.  

I just love that story .....

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

My nephew will be a college graduate as of May.  He was hired last year to start his career as an IT engineer at the company's headquarters in June.  In March, he notified his new employer that his university career counselor said that it looked doubtful that classes would resume before the end of the semester.  They contacted him 3 weeks ago to ask if he would agree to start working from home this month.  

Since he is already an official employee, I decided to just send his graduation gift, with a hand-written note,  to his home now.  He will soon receive a black Coach leather briefcase via UPS.  I hope he likes it.  I'm a very proud aunt.  

A black Coach leather briefcase was also my choice when I was right out of school.  I carried it for years.  

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

A black Coach leather briefcase was also my choice when I was right out of school.  I carried it for years.  I think handwritten cards are better than a store bought one any day!

Valued Contributor

One of the local Counties in VA yesterday said they would still hold graduation ceremonies for all the High Schools in the county - they didn't know when but it would still happen.

Honored Contributor

My triplet granddaughters are graduating in May. I have looked forward to seeing them walk the stage since they were born and almost didn’t survive. We must have something. they are all top ten in their class and one is Validictorian.
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
My triplet granddaughters are graduating in May. I have looked forward to seeing them walk the stage since they were born and almost didn’t survive. We must have something. they are all top ten in their class and one is Validictorian.

@lovesrecess I completely agree. Many of these children, now seniors, were

born around the time of 9/11/01. My daughter was born just a few days after and

now another heartbreaking time, the graduation ceremony that was dreamed

about for a long time is up in the air. I sure hope things work out for your

granddaughters as well. Congratulations to them, great honor.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Something I just read about no graduation for 3.7 million Seniors

https://thriveglobal.com/stories/the-year-without-graduation/?fbclid=IwAR20Cg1hwDaintkBHuEIneub9PowQ...