Respected Contributor

Since Coronavirus Anyone in NJ Order Costco's Grocery/ Food Delivery?

Today, I placed a Costco order for groceries via their Instacart.  The order won't be arriving for five days.  Just asking if anyone from NJ has used this Costco service in lieu of all that's happening with the crisis.  When your order arrived, were they out of a lot of items or just some?   I totally understand under the circumstances, just trying to work on getting groceries in the house.  My daughter who lives with me is a type1 diabetic and has other underlying medical conditions, so trying to stay away from outside exposure as much as possible for her sake...and mine (65)  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Re: Since Coronavirus Anyone in NJ Order Costco's Grocery/ Food Delivery?

I have used it in Oklahoma.  Try and see what you can get. You just have to try different places and hope. . . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella wrote:

Today, I placed a Costco order for groceries via their Instacart.  The order won't be arriving for five days.  Just asking if anyone from NJ has used this Costco service in lieu of all that's happening with the crisis.  When your order arrived, were they out of a lot of items or just some?   I totally understand under the circumstances, just trying to work on getting groceries in the house.  My daughter who lives with me is a type1 diabetic and has other underlying medical conditions, so trying to stay away from outside exposure as much as possible for her sake...and mine (65)  

@ciao_bella   I don't live in your state, but had the same issue in my state with Costco, Walmart and the local grocers.  My DH has so many health issues, they are too numerous to count, which include 4 types heart disease, 4 eye diseases, diabetes with 5 shots per day, and I am unable to get milk, bread, eggs, turkey bacon, hamburger meat, chicken, toilet paper, Kleenex tissue, and we are running low or out of all the above.  I think the hoarders should be ashamed of themselves.  

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella - I am in a similar situation. I'm having trouble cooking because I used to get ingredients the same day or the day before. I looked into our local supermarket delivery, and they are booked solid until April 8!

I'm toying with the idea of going myself, but I don't want to bring anything home. We've just been ordering from our favorite restaurants who are hurting. And I like that we are helping them. But like you we're getting low on some things. IDK what I'll do. 

I wish the supermarkets did what PetsMart does. You order and pay online, then drive up, open your trunk, and they will bring the order out and put it in for you - with a smile! The orders (had to go to two different stores) have been sitting in my car for three days - need to get them in now! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Instacart is a godsend. I live in Colorado and it has helped me stay home.

Frequent Contributor

What about ordering food from Amazon Whole Foods or Walmart Grocery pickup and delivery.  I just checked Walmart - out of toliet paper and kleenex large size.  Walmart does have some bread online.  They have milk, eggs, cheese and packaged lunchmeat.  Not wanting to go into a store at this time.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I don't subscribe to any home deliveery, but I'v seen emoployees of Wegman's trying to fill orders and not having a lot of luck.

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken

I wish I could go shopping for you. 😢
Honored Contributor

If possible, pick up at the stores without going inside.

We called it in the day before and able to get most items.

No thermometers yet!! Hope we don’t need one.

Honored Contributor

I have had trouble finding what I want on the Costco site. Was able to get a pickup time for some groceries at Kroger and am having prescriptions delivered tomorrow from my pharmacy. They are waiving all delivery fees to keep sick people from coming into the pharmacy which makes sense. Do all you can to protect your daughter and yourself! You sound like a great mom!