Honored Contributor

~ Simple tip for italicizing your signature ~

[ Edited ]

I'm no expert at using this new forum, so maybe I missed it...  but I don't believe the settings or the display allow the user signature to be separated from the body of the response.   As a result, it appears we're adding those words to our reply each time, and that might be misleading (or might just look a little strange Robot wink).

For those who want to add a signature, just go into "My Settings."  Then under "Personal Profile" click on "Personal Information."

This system allows HTML tags.  So, if you want italics, preface the siggy with

< em >

WITHOUT the space before and after "em." 

I have to add the spaces to be able to show you the code...  without them, my text will convert to italics and the code won't display.

But if you don't remove the spaces, the code won't work in the signature line.

hth!  That's probably as clear as mud.Robot LOL   I know, it's a small thing, but on some days simple pleasures are good!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: ~ Simple tip for italicizing your signature ~

Hey dooB - Sunny was looking, in her thread here on this forum, for how to make a siggie line.  I couldn't find it.  Maybe you could help.

I actually have them turned off, though.  So maybe that's why I can't find the setting.  Smiley Happy   I kind of like less clutter and it seems like the siggie lines mix in with the posts more now.

it's nice to have that choice.  Smiley Wink  If we had the choice to turn them off, before, I never saw that.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hey dooB - Sunny was looking, in her thread here on this forum, for how to make a siggie line.  I couldn't find it.  Maybe you could help.

I actually have them turned off, though.  So maybe that's why I can't find the setting.  Smiley Happy   I kind of like less clutter and it seems like the siggie lines mix in with the posts more now.

it's nice to have that choice.  Smiley Wink  If we had the choice to turn them off, before, I never saw that.

Hey, @chickenbutt!

If I locate @sunala's question (a big "if" today!), I'll copy and paste these instructions.  Or maybe someone else will, if they see the question asked.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Thanks!! This worked great Smiley Tongue

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

That's a great tip.  Thank you.

Too bad QVC didn't do us the courtesy of being as gracious with its information.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Let me try it. I'm on an iPad. It worked! Thx dooBdoo!
Trusted Contributor

Thank you!!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @NycVixen, @GingerPeach@Himi lover, and @cancun08!

A small thing, but every little bit probably helps. Robot Happy

Honored Contributor

Moving this up in case it's helpful (sorry, I'm not usually into doing this, but the gamer threads are flooding the Community Chat forum and this is the only recourse we have at present).

Honored Contributor

Thank you dbd for your help with this. 

A big thank you to chickenbutt and you for helping me navigate this hot mess!  I am not computer savvy at all, so this is a nightmare for me. I have read both your suggestions and tips, and they have helped me very much. 

Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.