Honored Contributor

In the past many here would talk about the want to just sign in once to order and check orders AND be here automatically signed in as well. 

Apparently this has happened - to me for sure. How about you? I'm finding every time I sign in to check my orders, I've discovered by accident that if I then come here I'm already signed in.

I now find that I NEED to make certain that when I do sign out, I MUST sign out in both places.

I don't like this. Does this happen to you now? Have you noticed? 

Calling upon our fearless Forums Mod to hopefully read my post and get back with US on this matter. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD,  I have found that if I sign into the retail website first I also have to sign into the forums but if I sign into the forums first I am already signed into the retail website.

If I have been inactive on the boards for what seems to be varying lengths of time, usually two or more hours but sometimes longer or shorter periods, I have been signed out of the forums but remain logged in at the website.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I find if I'm offline several hours and always overnight I have  to sign in.  I never have signed out.  I've never had to wait to sign in; don't know where that idea came from.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Signing In, Signing Out

[ Edited ]

I always sign out after scrolling through the forums.  But sometimes I'm already signed in when I check back, sometimes not.  Same with the QVC account page.  Sometimes I sign into only one and I'm automatically signed into both. 

I think QVC is not using the newest technology for their online services.  Makes me wonder how vulnerable they are to hacking and stealing personal information. 

Respected Contributor

I have to sign in over and over when I am in here or on the retail website. Annoying. Q still needs to upgrade their website in several areas. 

Esteemed Contributor

Although Q almost always gets the blame for glitches and inconsistencies I can't help but wonder how much is really due to us.

Poster A has one or two problems, poster B has one or two problems but they are different, poster C has no problems, on and on.

It makes no sense to me that problems are all the fault of Q when different posters have different problems attempting to do the same thing.

Are the problems primarily due to the way we access the website and/or boards?  Are they due to settings/preferences on our machines that conflict with coding/programming at the Q?  Are they do to measures taken by our ISPs?

The only time we can be fairly certain the problem is Q's is when the same thing happens to all of us.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Speaking from experience, I never have the same issues on other sites that I have on this site. On all other sites, I am only required to sign in once, and am not required to put in or change my username, password, or nickname, unless I want to do so. 

Valued Contributor

l used to be signed in all the time but in the past few months l have to sign in and sign in overtime and over !, just sickening 

Honored Contributor

So here I am again - 24 hours later I have not signed in anywhere here.

I come to these forums 24 hours after I posted this yesterday, I come there and find I'm already OR STILL signed in. 

I sign out, I then go back to make certain I'm signed out but I find somehow 24 hours later and I'm signed in.

WHAT THE HECK??????

Where are the tekkie mods to find out what's up with this and FIX IT.

Valued Contributor

I never sign out but I find there is no rhyme or reason as to when and where I sign in.  I only use my laptop and only use Forefpx so I can't blame a phone app.  Sometimes I have to sign in in both locations, sometimes only one location vs the other,  and other times never.   Their IT Department leaves a lot to be desired as there are inconsistencies throughout the site.