Esteemed Contributor

This is very weird. I tried to sign in this morning and had all kinds of problems. First I had to retype my email addy. Then they asked for the PW and it looked like everything would proceed as usual. However, they asked me to crete a nickname, when I already had one. So I typed in RainyDayGirl, and I got a message saying they were sorry, but someone else already had that nickename. YES....it is MY nickname. I tried several times, going into my account instead. Then I went back to the board, and suddenly my nic is up there where it should be. What the heck is going on? Anyone else have these issues?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sign in Issues

[ Edited ]

Sorry for your troubles. I  have the same problem and have been for a couple of months now.  It is a real pain and I've talked with CS about it. Naturally, there is nothing they can do but apologize.

The "create a new password" and "someone else with that name is already in use" drives me up the wall ! It happens almost every other time I try to sign it.  Grrrrr!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

I've experienced this site being really slow at times during the past 2 days.  Right now for me it seems to be ok.  And no other site I go to has been acting like this.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Sign in Issues

[ Edited ]

RainyDayGirl -  I've had that problem before but not recently.

I know I've read about others havng the same problem, too.

Hope it clears up soon.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Super Contributor

I tried signing in today to post a review about a product and I guess I had assumed my problem was with my negative review....maybe not, if others were having trouble.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your responses. This is the first time this has happened to me, so I was puzzled about the whole thing. When my nic suddenly appeared after all the trouble, I was even more confused.

Honored Contributor

Brittany!!! Where are you?

I too just took 15 minutes to try and get back in here. Something's going on. ???? I've never had that much trouble.

Thanks for any help.

Respected Contributor

I noticed the site was very slow earlier 

today but I've never had these sign in issues.

Wonder why it happens to some posters but 

not others?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Brittany!!! Where are you?

I too just took 15 minutes to try and get back in here. Something's going on. ???? I've never had that much trouble.

Thanks for any help.

I think the moderators answer more questions 

when they're posted in the Suggestion Box

@qualitygal.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

I've experienced the same thing as the OP--off and on for a couple of years now.  I never try to set up a new username, though.  I just wait a few hours or come back the next day and have no problems signing in after waiting a bit.