Honored Contributor

Re: Sigh....Yet Horse Racing Continues....

@pigletsmom  said:

"@IG  I don't need to google anything, known about hore racing my entire life I've and I"m sure I knew about Santa Anita and other things at that track long before people here. But my point is TMZ acting like they have some big scoop about a sport that has been on TV this entire time is dumb. It certainly hasn't been some sort of secret that they've been hiding. I guess the people who really had the scoop are writers at the Daily Racing Form, or Bloodhorse or maybe even me and my twitter account.

I'm sure you didn't mean the first line above as it reads, but congrats on your twitter account, you seem to be very proud that you have one, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Oh sorry for the bad typing.It's HORSE since it seems like you had trouble understanding it. Congratulations to you for figuring out that horse racing was still going on. I guess you have no response to anything I actually said.

And I'm not proud of my twitter account but at least I knew that Santa Anita wasn't racing so why you brought them into it is weird. 

Any other businesses you don't like that you can use the pandemic to squash?

Honored Contributor

Running now or not running now is uninportant to me because I think that any race track that can't keep their horses alive should be shuttered.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

Oh sorry for the bad typing.It's HORSE since it seems like you had trouble understanding it. Congratulations to you for figuring out that horse racing was still going on. I guess you have no response to anything I actually said.

And I'm not proud of my twitter account but at least I knew that Santa Anita wasn't racing so why you brought them into it is weird. 

Any other businesses you don't like that you can use the pandemic to squash?

@pigletsmom 

mostrecentcruise.gif

That makes no sense at all......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

At least you realized I was referring to horse racing in general, it apparently went right over spomeone's head.

But that's okay.....zoom!

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom  It's quite clear you hate horse racing. I'm very sorry for you that the pandemic hasn't shut them down. If you do get your wish I hope that you're ready to help get all of those horses new homes really quick because they will find a much worse fate if you don't. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I didn't understand the correlation in that post about liquor stores being open, compared to horse racing, none of my horses had booze in their water troughs, LOL!

I'm guessing it was the "revenue" angle, which is no excuse for horse racing, IMO only.

Yes the revenue and the vice angle

The OP mentioned gamblers, I compared it to drinkers

All the vices seem to be essential.

Trusted Contributor

I doubt all gamblers are just deciding to pick up horse racing. Although slot players would easily save money if they did. Bettors at the track do pay to house and feed the horses at least.

Respected Contributor

SANCTIONED ANIMAL ABUSE