Honored Contributor

šŸ™ *Sigh* Here we go again..ā˜¹ļø

Amber Alert in Mexico issued for missing Allentown teen

Updated: March 15, 2018 ā€” 11:50 PM EDT

dixon-424317-f-wp-content-uploads-2018-03-1063333_adc450d1ec53cc7-e1521171560584-1200x801.jpg
This combination from photos provided by Allentown, Pa., Police Department shows from left, Amy Yu and Kevin Esterly.

An Amber Alert has been issued in Mexico for the Lehigh Valley teenager who has been missing for nearly two weeks.

Amy Yu, 16, of Allentown, is believed to have run away with 45-year-old Kevin Esterly, a friend of the family.

The posting, on Alerta Amber Mexico, solicits help in finding the adolescent. It was posted Thursday afternoon.

Allentown police issued a missing person alert March 7 for Esterly and Yu. Police issued a warrant for Esterlyā€™s arrest alleging interference with the custody of a child.

Police said they believe Esterly and Yu formed a secret relationship after meeting at church and then ran off together.

Yu disappeared from her Allentown bus stop on March 5.

School records show Esterly signed Amy out of school 10 times between Nov. 13 and Feb. 9 without her parentsā€™ permission, police said.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Re: šŸ™ *Sigh* Here we go again..ā˜¹ļø

Tragic.  I wonder how she was out of school without someone looking into it.  Probably fell through the cracks

Let us hope, like the other cases,, that she will return home

Honored Contributor

@LexPexwrote:

Tragic.  I wonder how she was out of school without someone looking into it.  Probably fell through the cracks

He signed her out as her "stepfather."  The guy is married but NOT to the childs mother.

The article I posted is the short version.  There is a lot more to the story.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Crappy school policy.  Even high schools have lists of who can sign out a student.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3wrote:

Crappy school policy.  Even high schools have lists of who can sign out a student.

The crappy school policy is how those allowed to sign out a student is created.  My understanding is the girl herself registered Esterly as her step-father.  Apparently there was no questioning about the addition by the school.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I have to say that so much about this story makes me go "What the hell?"

There are too many questions and too many oddities for me to voice an opinion; not enough facts. Perhaps info is being held back which is why so many things come across as odd. I sincerely hope she is found safe and sound.

As for the school; it's a private/charter school and their rules do not have to coincide with public schools. This can be good and bad depending on the situation; in this case, it's REALLY pretty bad.

Honored Contributor

i heard the update on tonight local news out of philly.

distrubing case

Honored Contributor

He signed her out of school at least 10 times before they fled.  The girl filled out paperwork at her school listing this man as her stepfather, so he was able to sign her out.

He was also a friend of her parents....nice friend, huh?

Honored Contributor

Something wrong with a system that allows for kids to be able to have access or fill out the release information. There must be some way that the schools can verify that the submitted information is coming from the parents, and not tampered with by the kids. 

And if it is accurate, that he is a 'friend' of the parents, they need to be a lot more selective who they are having around their home and family. I highly doubt they didn't see something about him and/or the way he was interacting with their daughter that should have made them take notice and question or suspect something. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.