Esteemed Contributor

Siegfried (From Siegfried & Roy) Has Died

[ Edited ]

from pancreatic cancer.

He was 81.

May he rest in peace.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Siegfried (From Siegfried & Roy) Has Died

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 

I read that this AM and they said that he had announced that he had pancreatic cancer just 2 days ago.

From TMZ:

Siegfried Fischbacher -- half of the famous Siegfried & Roy magic act -- has died just 2 days after announcing he had cancer ... and 8 months after his professional partner, Roy Horn.

Siegfried died Wednesday night at his home in Las Vegas from pancreatic cancer. His sister says he "fell asleep gently and peacefully."

The longtime magician had just announced his terminal diagnosis, and though he'd undergone a lengthy surgery to remove a malignant tumor ... the cancer had already spread. Siegfried was reportedly released from the hospital at his own request to spend his final days at home.

Vegas, of course, is where Siegfried & Roy made names for themselves ... with their popular act best known for featuring white tigers and lions. The duo performed together for 4 decades, best known for their run at The Mirage from 1990 until 2003 ... which was hailed the most visited show on the Strip.

Their act ended after Roy suffered a career-ending injury when a tiger named Montecore attacked him on stage, leaving him partially paralyzed.

Roy died last May at the age of 75 from complications of COVID-19. Siegfried said at the time, "The world has lost one of the greats of magic, but I have lost my best friend."

Both men were from Germany -- they met while working on a cruise ship in 1957 -- and began a 50-year journey together in the entertainment biz. Siegfried once said ... "We did what we did out of love, not for success or money. We had a deep respect for each other. We literally raised each other: I created Roy and Roy created Siegfried."

Siegfried was 81.

RIP

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I hope the animals will be well cared for.

Esteemed Contributor

I had not heard that Ray Horn had passed last May and now Siegfried is gone.  I never saw their show, but I did see the white tigers on display in Vegas.  I have mixed feelings about that, but that is another discussion.

I hope they are reunited again and that they rest in peace.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

There are more responses in the thread started about this early today in the TV & Movies forum if people want to read more.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that Siegfried died, in part, due to a broken heart.😢 💔

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

it was THE best Vegas show I ever attended.  It was fantastic. Probably early 90’s.

Honored Contributor

They need to find a cure for that type of cancer! It's taking too many good people!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

So many sad milestones and now the Mirage is completely shut down monday thru thursday until a new assessment is made later this year due to covid-19.

Frequent Contributor

My Husband and me saw them at the Stardust , in 1976 ,it was such a great show and all the shows back then were so wonderful and all had the live music !