Honored Contributor

Re: Shuting down threads

[ Edited ]

I wonder if QVC has looked at the effects of routinely taking down so many discussions?   Many, many posters have left the board because of the heavy handed policy.

Their board, but also their loss of good will and sales.

I agree with their policy on removing troublemakers, but not with reducing subject discussions to pap.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I wonder if QVC has looked at the effects of routinely taking down so many discussions?   Many, many posters have left the board because of the heavy handed policy.

I agree with their policy on removing troublemakers, but not with reducing subject discussions to pap.

It seems like several posters are returning here lately.  

Honored Contributor

If I were a moderator, I would have closed the LV thread. Some of us kept warning that it was going down a very controversial path. In fact, a couple who were doing the warning just couldn't even help themselves from joining in. Not blaming them because it is hard to let some stuff pass.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

It seems like several posters are returning here lately.  

Yes.

@tansy

Respected Contributor

Re: Shuting down threads

[ Edited ]

I commented once and it was erased in about 30 seconds.

I don't like the deletion of threads, but there was a big stink asking for stricter moderation.

And here we are. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

If I were a moderator, I would have closed the LV thread. Some of us kept warning that it was going down a very controversial path. In fact, a couple who were doing the warning just couldn't even help themselves from joining in. Not blaming them because it is hard to let some stuff pass.

@suzyQ3

ITA, it fit the pattern mentioned earlier.  I am grateful to the nice person who stepped in.

Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

I don't like the deletion of threads, but there was a big stink asking for stricter moderation.

@nun ya

IMO Stricter moderation of troublemakers is very different than only allowing boring and meaningless discussions.

Respected Contributor

true but everyone's opinion of who the troublemakers are is different.

Probably just easier to avoid it all 

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@nun ya

IMO Stricter moderation of troublemakers is very different than only allowing boring and meaningless discussions.

I can deal with troublemakers. What I can't deal with is stupidity or mediocrity.  

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I think sometimes that "troublemaker" is in the eye of the beholder.

Actually, a lot of the time.