Trusted Contributor

Showtime's Your Honor - Last Night's Finale

Without giving anything away to those who haven't caught up yet, what did you think of the ending to Your Honor?  Did it catch you by surprise or was it too predictable?  I honestly let out a gasp.  I didn't love the series but felt compelled to see it to the end.  

Super Contributor

Re: Showtime's Your Honor - Last Night's Finale

[ Edited ]

@Jaspersmom Loved it! I was surprised.

Esteemed Contributor

I never bought into the original premise of the series. No way would the vast majority of judges lie for their child. Most would do the right thing from the start (accept the facts and figure it out according to the law...and get really good legal representation).

Esteemed Contributor

when I saw the series advertised, I was not  very interested, however after watching an episode that included  some really good acting , I was hooked. 

Agree, the storyline may not seem to be believable , there are cases you hear where parents  get themselves entangled in legal matters  in attempts " to save their children ".

It does not matter  how rich or poor the parent, the universal is  parents want to protect their children.  I don't know what  underlying message the show creators  wanted to relay as I haven't read any  of their interviews abt the series.

I did think  that someone was going to be killed unexpectedly , but wasn't sure if it was going to be the Judge. The storylines where the female Lawyer/ girl friend starts to unravel what has been going on  along with the female Detective figuring things out as well  were very good in developing the story to come to an explosive end .  They tided in  the friend Charley  . I was very disappointed that no further time was given to  the photos of the murdered Mother that showed the base ball and  who was the other man. I thought possibly the other man may have been  the friend Charley  . It appeared there was not time enough with a 10 part series to rap up all the hanging pieces in this series.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I never bought into the original premise of the series. No way would the vast majority of judges lie for their child. Most would do the right thing from the start (accept the facts and figure it out according to the law...and get really good legal representation).

Did you watch the show @Goldengate8361 ? He initially was going to turn in his son until he saw that he was the son of a mob boss.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 Yes; I did see that. I still thought that most judges wouldn't choose the route taken by the judge in the series. Without it, there wouldn't be a plot for a TV series....so I guess it is just supposed to be a fiction drama for entertainment.

Valued Contributor

Watched it and truly enjoyed it.  I too gasped at the ending and also when female lawyer was realizing who he had become.  Great acting, but then I am a old Bryan Cranston fan from his Walter White days.

Esteemed Contributor

I gasped too at the ending. I thought it was predictable that the mobster Baxter would somehow double cross him even if his son did get off. I really felt that the judge would change his mind and try to make sure that scumb bag would be convicted. Dissapointed he didn't uphold his oath regardless of his son . And his Son was so reckless with dating the sister, bad move totally! I didn't like his character at all ! so disliked the mob parents , horrible people and parents .