Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

A few weeks ago, there was someone wanting to buy something on fb, and the lady to a picture of herself holding a huge wad of hundred dollar bills, and said she had cash on hand to pay for whatever it was. My husband noticed it and said he thought it was strange, she was showing she had all this cash.

Well, today, there is another post from someone else showing that he has a handful of hundreds to pay thousands in cash for a vehicle.

If I had thousands of dollars in my home or on my person, I dang sure wouldn't post it on fb.

Does this seem odd to anyone else?

Honored Contributor

Re: Showing wads of cash on fb

Yes, it seems odd and dangerous.  I also noticed on the site someone looking for a baby sitter, yikes...who would let a stranger baby sit their kids?

Honored Contributor

What is odd is...what or who are you following that does this?

To my knowledge. FB Marketplace doesn’t allow conversations.

Are they friends/family or business websites you are following?

Trusted Contributor

I do not understand why folks post half of what they do on FB.  It is very dumb as far as I am concerned.  People need to keep their information to themselves.  

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom . Yes, I find it odd. The only posts I see that have personal pics and info are people I have friended. They are my friends and family. All 30 of them. I would never friend someone who posted things I did not want to see. 

I did hide one friends posts from my timeline as her political and religious ravings were not something I wanted to see.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom , I live in Arkansas, and the sites I was talking about are local buy, sell or trade sites in this area. One is for the county I live in, they are just local sites.

I've never bought or sold, I guess I just like to look and see what people have.

But I've never noticed this showing of all this cash till recently. And I don't know if its legal or not, but it sure isn't smart, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Too easy to trace where you live and who you are to talk about such matters.....STUPID.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom . Yes, I find it odd. The only posts I see that have personal pics and info are people I have friended. They are my friends and family. All 30 of them. I would never friend someone who posted things I did not want to see. 

I did hide one friends posts from my timeline as her political and religious ravings were not something I wanted to see.

They aren't friends, I don't know these people. Where I live, there are local buy, sell or trade groups on fb.

Honored Contributor

I've seen some of the craziest things on FB. It never ceases to amaze me.

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

They aren't friends, I don't know these people. Where I live, there are local buy, sell or trade groups on fb.

@happycat . Oh, so you don’t know these people. Is it people in your area that buy and sell and you meet them somewhere? I have heard of this.

Our town has a FB page for residents to converse, sell items or mostly just curb alerts. It is monitored by a local resident and wouldn’t allow that. But like I said, most people are giving the stuff for free. Some of the stuff is great stuff. I need to start giving mine away. LOL