Respected Contributor

Showing my age but coming alive!

One of our beautiful wineries is re-opening their events schedule  in August with great wine, delicious food and Billy Idol - then following events  featuring John Fogerty then next month Beachboys!

Yahoo gonna love every one of these shows.  Sitting on the grass, dancing on the grass, glass of wine and Billy - never seen him so very excited.

Seen Fogerty before and worked with the Beachboys years ago.  All us old rockers together at a beautiful winery with good company yahoo!  So good to have an outing to look forward to.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Showing my age but coming alive!

Sounds fabulous. Isn't it wonderful to have something to look forward too again? Have a wonderful time.  🍷 🎶 ✌️❤️

Honored Contributor

@dulwich 

Rock on!

Have a great time, I am envious.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't get much better than that! What a great August it will be for you!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich. Put me in, Coach! Sounds like a great time!  I saw the Beach Boys a few years ago with John Stamos sitting in on drums and Mike Love as the lead singer.  The whole show was fabulous. They did what seemed like all the Beachboys' hits. I would definitely go again. I envy you!

Respected Contributor

@dulwich, what winery?

Super Contributor

@dulwich , Sounds great, our local wineries have been running their events for several months now  (in Nebraska), and while we don't have famous talent, our local talent is very entertaining.  I have tickets to see The Buddy Holly Story, musical production local talent.  And one of my favorite jazz groups, Tuna Fish Jones is stepping out of retirement for 2 shows at James Arthur Vineyards (our longest running vineyard).  I know Nebraska wine isn't on the map for well known wine, but we have  several decent dry reds, and in the Nebraska heat/humidity a wine slushy is perfect.  Enjoy and cheers!

Honored Contributor

Thinking about @dulwich 's post, I'm having my own little "whine-ery"

Because I'm not going! 😄

Honored Contributor

@dulwich,

It sounds wonderful.

I love the Beach Boys! So neat that you got to work with them. 

What did you do and what was it like?

I got to see them in a small concert years ago. They looked old then but still great.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@dulwich -ENJOY!!!!!

Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids (MI) just announced their summer concert schedule and I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~