Honored Contributor

Re: Shouldn't everyone be told to stay home?

@Nonametoday 

thank you for this information

that does sound horrible...

maybe it was an excuse to execute "dissenters?"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@SydneyH  Sheltering in place/staying put is NOT Martial Law - As I've stated numerous times, it's unfortunate that people even have to be told to stay put...you'd think it was common sense, but obviously not.

? I  don't know why you feel the need to dig...........but........wait for it.........I work for a business that is considered essential.  You're welcome.

Trusted Contributor

Gov of Florida just on tv, broadcasting from that retirement mecca The Villages in central FL. He's not in panic mode at all. Today the beaches are finally closed, and today he closed state parks (why??).  He says the seniors are following social distancing, but younger folk are mostly bringing in virus from other states. He is not issuing any stay-at-home order but instead is focusing on increasing testing with faster test results. The Villages retirees are driving through testing tents in their golf carts so all is well with the world I guess. We're lucky that most restaurants and many stores are temporarily closed down here because looks like that's about as far as it's going to go in FL.  Is the gov right or is he doing too little too late?  Time will tell.  If you're bored up in NYC or in LA or in OH, come on down to FL....not many restrictions in place down here. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think you can put out a blanket statement without knowing each individual state's protocols.  There is too much misinformation out there.  

Valued Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@SydneyH  Sheltering in place/staying put is NOT Martial Law - As I've stated numerous times, it's unfortunate that people even have to be told to stay put...you'd think it was common sense, but obviously not.

? I  don't know why you feel the need to dig...........but........wait for it.........I work for a business that is considered essential.  You're welcome.

@SydneyH  Why such an attitude? You made a incorrect statement and I corrected it? Also, did you even read this thread? I've stated numerous times on this board and even this specific thread, that not only do I have an essential job, but that all essential places/businesses should remain operational. I will not respond to your negativiity again. I wish you and your family the best during these difficult times. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@SydneyH  Why such an attitude? You made a incorrect statement and I corrected it? Also, did you even read this thread? I've stated numerous times on this board and even this specific thread, that not only do I have an essential job, but that all essential places/businesses should remain operational. I will not respond to your negativiity again. I wish you and your family the best during these difficult times. 

Because my statement was not incorrect, I assume it you are tagging it as negative because it was challenged, not that I really care.  Best of luck to you and yours too.