On 3/17/2014 Dagna said:
On 3/17/2014 terrier3 said:
On 3/17/2014 occasional rain said:
On 3/17/2014 maryebrown said:
On 3/17/2014 Cakers1 said:

Yes they will... when the facts are investigated by the Grand Jury
then charges will be made. It wouldn't surprise me if the daughter gets charged for setting this whole tragedy in motion with her lies.

The DA says it's unlikely charges will be filed. Grand jury proceedings are not made public. The DA will NOT be looking for charges from the grand jury - just to have them legally close the case...so no one will know the true story unless the family of the dead boy starts civil proceedings.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/14/charges-unlikely-for-houston-dad-accused-shooting-daughters-bo...

So, it's safe to assume the father is white.

No, not this time...I'll admit that was my first assumption too!

If he were, we'd be hearing the - it's open season on Black youth again. The press would be having a field day with that one.

And there it is. Assuming this was a racial incident.

Honored Contributor

Re: Should the Father be charged???

On 3/17/2014 Dagna said:
On 3/17/2014 Chalcedony said: Wow, it's too bad that jumping to conclusions is not an Olympic sport - there would be several gold medalists here. There have been no reports that either teenager was unclothed, that the brother had nefarious intentions, that the gun was sold illegally, that race is a factor, etc., yet several posters have already tried and convicted the father as a trigger-happy murdering racist. It's a tragedy for all involved - no need to compound that with aggressive speculation.

Exactly. And this from the "open-minded" who love "facts."

This is as close as we will probably get to "facts." Grand Jury testimony is sealed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/14/charges-unlikely-for-houston-dad-accused-shooting-daughters-bo...

Respected Contributor

The DA says it's unlikely charges will be filed. Grand jury proceedings are not made public. The DA will NOT be looking for charges from the grand jury - just to have them legally close the case...so no one will know the true story unless the family of the dead boy starts civil proceedings.

Wow. That is just so wrong in every way.

I hope the murdered boy's family does go for civil lawsuit.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

Locked bedrooms? I don't think so...... I'll confess to thinking if the father was white, there'd be no grand jury.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2014 Chalcedony said: Wow, it's too bad that jumping to conclusions is not an Olympic sport - there would be several gold medalists here. There have been no reports that either teenager was unclothed, that the brother had nefarious intentions, that the gun was sold illegally, that race is a factor, etc., yet several posters have already tried and convicted the father as a trigger-happy murdering racist. It's a tragedy for all involved - no need to compound that with aggressive speculation.

OK...he was just an angry trigger hungry dad.

The kid is still dead.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2014 SydneyH said:

Locked bedrooms? I don't think so...... I'll confess to thinking if the father was white, there'd be no grand jury.

The Grand Jury is just a formality.

The DA represents the deceased at the Grand Jury and he doesn't want to bring charges...just close the case.

Respected Contributor

No locks on any bedroom doors here, either.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Valued Contributor

The boy was black. I am sure if the father were white we would have already seen Jesse and Al Sharpton, and BO on TV by now...

Super Contributor

I've lived in Houston and will move there again next year. It seems to me, from when I lived there and from watching the news when I'm traveling there on business, there is a lot of home invasion crime in that area. The first purchase I will make there after the house purchase is a shotgun. I hope to never have to use it, but will not hesitate to do so if I find someone in my home. The homeowner in question may have felt the same way.
Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2014 Chalcedony said: I've lived in Houston and will move there again next year. It seems to me, from when I lived there and from watching the news when I'm traveling there on business, there is a lot of home invasion crime in that area. The first purchase I will make there after the house purchase is a shotgun. I hope to never have to use it, but will not hesitate to do so if I find someone in my home. The homeowner in question may have felt the same way.

Could you find some other area to live? I would avoid high crime areas like the plague. I thought Texas was SAFER because everyone is armed (at least that's what I've heard from Texans). Sounds pretty dangerous to me.